Is there a way to turn off view bobbing ?

Get support for Unvanquished.
metaschima

Is there a way to turn off view bobbing ?

Post by metaschima »

The game looks great so far, and I'd like to keep testing it. However, the view bobs around when I move (and run) and it makes me nauseous after a while. Surely there must be a way to turn it off. I have tried setting:

Code: Select all

/set cg_runpitch 0
/set cg_runroll 0

but these do not seem to help. Any hidden settings that I don't know about ?

Thanks

ViruS
Granger

Re: Is there a way to turn off view bobbing ?

Post by ViruS »

metaschima wrote:

The game looks great so far, and I'd like to keep testing it. However, the view bobs around when I move (and run) and it makes me nauseous after a while. Surely there must be a way to turn it off. I have tried setting:

Code: Select all

/set cg_runpitch 0
/set cg_runroll 0

but these do not seem to help. Any hidden settings that I don't know about ?

Thanks

There are a few unused quake cvars, such as cl_headmodel or something like that. Don't bother with them, they don't work.
Bobs are hard-coded into the game afaik, but I guess the devs will probably grant your request of allowing the cvar to work as they did to the cg_class_fov's.

metaschima

Post by metaschima »

It would be nice if the devs did allow the cvar to work. I know I can turn off bobbing in other quake-based games. I think it is 'cl_viewbob' or 'cl_viewbob_enabled'.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

It seems like we'll discuss the matter here.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction