Small ideas & miscellaneous suggestions!

Request new features or present your ideas.
KenuR
Tyrant

Re: Small ideas & miscellaneous suggestions!

Post by KenuR »

What if Defense Computers had another function? It would give mg turrets, teslas and any other defensive structures that you might add in the future the ability to shoot down any barbs that fly in a certain range from them.
That is of course if:

• The turret isn't busy shooting at an alien.
  • The barb is in direct view of the turret, since barbs fly at faster speed than what turrets are capable of turning at.
seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

KenuR wrote:

What if Defense Computers had another function? It would give mg turrets, teslas and any other defensive structures that you might add in the future the ability to shoot down any barbs that fly in a certain range from them.
That is of course if:

• The turret isn't busy shooting at an alien.
  • The barb is in direct view of the turret, since barbs fly at faster speed than what turrets are capable of turning at.

This has been discussed earlier. One function would be to make human buildings withing range disappear from enemy radar. They would still be visible, just not on the radar. IMO, this makes DCs much more than useless.

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

The following are some ideas I had. Some have been discussed on other thread but I thought they are more appropriate here.

Ammo Pack: available at all stages. Increases ammo capacity for all projectile weapons (rifle, shotgun, and chaingun).

Heavy Armor: available at S2. Provides both front and back protection. Protection value somewhere between light armor and battle suit. Cannot use jet pack while wearing the heavy armor, but batt pack and ammo pack can be equipped.

Heavy Helmet: available at S2. Provides more protection then the standard helmet. Does not have radar.

The batt pack, jet pack, and ammo pack provides some level of protection on the back.

Stomp capability for the battle suit against dretches and possibly basilisks.

Grab reality by the balls and squeeeeze!

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

JOURNEYMAN wrote:

Stomp capability for the battle suit against dretches and possibly basilisks.

KILL THEM DRETCHES

Forty-Two
Mantis

Post by Forty-Two »

In pretty much every review for Tremulous, the reviewer says Tremulous lacks music. It might be a good idea to fix that in Unvanquished, although I'm not sure how (where music would best be added: I don't think Trem or Unvanquished really needs level music, for example). Anyway, if you're ever in need of metal, jazz or blues music, I'd be glad to try to help out.

0 = 0
Quod erat demonstrandum.

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

Forty-Two wrote:

In pretty much every review for Tremulous, the reviewer says Tremulous lacks music. It might be a good idea to fix that in Unvanquished, although I'm not sure how (where music would best be added: I don't think Trem or Unvanquished really needs level music, for example). Anyway, if you're ever in need of metal, jazz or blues music, I'd be glad to try to help out.

I could do vocals, if you want.

StalKermit
Dragoon

Post by StalKermit »

Forty-Two wrote:

review for Tremulous

Wat.

JBiscuitz
Mantis

Post by JBiscuitz »

I do like the idea of heavy armor. Thumbs up. Perhaps a slight movement speed reduction to go with it?

Battlesuit stomps +1 (idea is to have small area of effect for damage i assume?)

On the thought of the battlesuit, perhaps when jumping from a certain height an auto stomp takes effect?

And give basi a pounce(TM). Why not? Just throw 'er in there

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

JBiscuitz wrote:

[1]On the thought of the battlesuit, perhaps when jumping from a certain height an auto stomp takes effect?

[2]And give basi a pounce(TM). Why not? Just throw 'er in there

[1]Tyrant crush 2.0
[2]Its a jockey! Its humping me! {If you don't get it, the idea was already kinda taken by valve for left 4 dead 2}
Also, i dont think it won't be good game-play wise. I have my reasons.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

I think that it was meant to be ‘review of Tremulous’ – the reverse of a certain mistake made regarding the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal…

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!