Battle Suit (2)

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
lhdc
Modeler

Re: Battle Suit (2)

Post by lhdc »

i think the metal part could be a little more less dark, and its looking a bit much to clean, will incrase the dirty/scratch maps, qhat you guys think?

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Those screenshots don't have the glossmap applied by the way, nor do they correct for the specular exponents. FYI.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I could take a screenshot with neutral gamma and specular scale, as it will be in Alpha 27. We can also make the gloss map work and compress the normalmap to get the renomalization (or whatever increases the effect).

Personally I think the base material looks fine.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

lhdc
Modeler

Post by lhdc »

what do you think i still need to change viech?

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Not much on the geometry I guess. The texture needs some more color and details on top of the current material. You could experiment with glow maps, for example see how it looks when the upmost hole of the eye piece is a lamp instead of a camera.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

lhdc
Modeler

Post by lhdc »

where shoud i put the color?shoud i paint some metal parts?

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

For example. :smile:

The current texture looks good, but it looks a bit "unfinished" if you think of the battlesuit as an industrial product.

lhdc
Modeler

Post by lhdc »

yeah, i agree with that, but im not really sure of what im suposse to do to make it better =/ im such a noob with this mecanical things

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Try adding scratch marks, or bits of rust. See if you can shade some parts differently. Add some decorations to the armor.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Definitely no rust please: This is a future battlesuit, not iron armor from the middle ages. Subtle scratches can't hurt but the important part would be the decorations. There are a lot of examples out there that don't necessarily originate from body armor: Fighter jets or (sci fi) space ships often have markings on top of a monochromatic coating. An image search for either might give you some inspiration.