Balance changes and ideas.

Request new features or present your ideas.
Kreative

Re: Balance changes and ideas.

Post by Kreative »

seana11 wrote:

Yes, but if you had that, then as soon as aliens got s3, everyone would evolve to rants and just charge the human base, and charge out, taking little damage in the process. Then they would go and do it again. SD would be death to humans, because the rants could inflict monstrous damage without taking any.

Ok, well you can decrease the percent of the damage modifier to something lower, and honestly, this was stated a while ago but I think the goal in the future is to ultimately get rid of Sudden Death.

Perhaps this is offtopic, but what I really want to see implemented are two things: Some sort of base upgrade system that isn't too overpowering, and a simple but efficient squad system implemented (w/ minimap :c). Squads would be optional (better this way, since you wouldn't want to have a squad with just completely new players) A player can form a squad, and then on the minimap put "Build here" or "Attack here" (and of course, it can be displayed in the neccessary translations! :D) and then squad members could be highlighted in some way. I think there should also be some type of bonuses for sticking together with your squad, but that can easily become overpowering.

About base upgrades, they can be viewed here.

Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

DeathByMe wrote:

the other thing that i would like to say about, is dodge.
Its a really cool feature, but when holding w, the you double tap a/d, it doesnt respond well, try making it so that the dodge techniques can be used while still in consistent motion.

/bind v +dodge // (by default)

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!

E-Mxp
Graphic Designer

Post by E-Mxp »

(Maybe because I have played too much Tribes Ascend but...)
I would love to have some sort of pointing system. Press something like Alt and your human will go "ENEMY SPOTTED!!" and place a 2d marker at it's location, scaling in distance, should stay there for like 5 seconds.

le mi'a bende cu nitcu lo zbasu

WhiteTech
Mantis

Post by WhiteTech »

E-Mxp wrote:

(Maybe because I have played too much Tribes Ascend but...)
I would love to have some sort of pointing system. Press something like Alt and your human will go "ENEMY SPOTTED!!" and place a 2d marker at it's location, scaling in distance, should stay there for like 5 seconds.

lol yes, I quite enjoy that feature in that game. That game in general is very good. A few weapons (plasma) Are over powered though....

I do think that would be a sweet feature. Also a timer with it to keep from spamming. I think we should definitely add that feature

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Shhouldn't the doubletap cvar be in the menu? Last time i checked it wasn't. I've already disabled mine but others will complain still.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Saliva

Post by Saliva »

The suggestions by people who have only played 1.1 are hilarious. Actually play gpp/unvanquished more than a couple of times before suggesting anything.

Lucifer cannon isn't too powerful at all. The charge time is long and it's very easy to miss with the projectile despite it being faster than in 1.1. The long charge time is the biggest issue. It means that the alien can time his attacks quite easily to avoid getting shot. Damage per second is significantly less than in 1.1 as well. I rarely lose to a luci when I'm using a tyrant. The weapon has too many drawbacks. imo luci should be improved in some way instead of weakened.

I think I have posted these before but these are some the changes I would like:

1. Less shotgun pellet spread to make it more useful for a bit longer ranges.

2. Faster pulse rifle projectile speed to make it better at killing aliens and to make it possible to chase aliens.

3. Faster flamer projectile speed and no self burn.

4. Dretch is very easy to kill with the help of dodge and unlagged. Short pounce would help a lot so it would be possible to move unpredictably but still get closer to the human. It would also increase skill ceiling so a skilled dretch could do a lot more. Currently killing a human with it is more based on the skill of the human rather than the skill of the dretch.

5. Dragoon is too strong. I would prefer that s1 vs s1 was balanced with a weaker goon. There shouldn't be such a massive gap in power between the dretch and goon. The pounce spam is just silly. It takes almost no skill to do and is extremely powerful and gives great mobility.

6. Tyrant is too strong. The real issue is the charge. It can be almost instant death to any human and it gives great mobility as well. Even if not using the charge to do damage and use it just for mobility it's still too powerful. It's easy to just charge around a corner and slash a human to death. Because of the mobility it's very hard to do 350 damage to the tyrant before it can escape and heal. Perhaps changing it that it's harder to turn when charging it could work better.

Qrntz
Dragoon

Post by Qrntz »

Saliva wrote:

The pounce spam is just silly.

Is pounce spam still an issue since pounce's been nerfed? I don't think so.

Saliva

Post by Saliva »

Perhaps I should have added that my suggestions are based on GPP but anyway it's good something was done about the pounce. I'm not sure if it's still balanced though because I haven't tried it.

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Charge was nerfed too. I believe it takes 2 charges to kill a larmored + helmeted human.

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

Saliva wrote:

The suggestions by people who have only played 1.1 are hilarious. Actually play gpp/unvanquished more than a couple of times before suggesting anything.

The suggestions by people who have only played GPP are hilarious. Actually play unvanquished more than a couple of times before suggesting anything.

• Sorry this had to be done
Saliva wrote:

Lucifer cannon isn't too powerful at all. The charge time is long and it's very easy to miss with the projectile despite it being faster than in 1.1. The long charge time is the biggest issue. It means that the alien can time his attacks quite easily to avoid getting shot. Damage per second is significantly less than in 1.1 as well. I rarely lose to a luci when I'm using a tyrant. The weapon has too many drawbacks. imo luci should be improved in some way instead of weakened.

Anyone can kill anything with a Tyrant. Unless you are playing someone that it good at lucifer cannon. The lucifer cannon is OP in it's current state, maybe it's not the lucier cannon that needs to be improved but the players skill/aim who is using it :\

Saliva wrote:
  1. Less shotgun pellet spread to make it more useful for a bit longer ranges.

It's a shotgun..... it's not supposed to be used at longer ranges. Thats the whole point, it's a close range weapon.

Saliva wrote:
  1. Faster pulse rifle projectile speed to make it better at killing aliens and to make it possible to chase aliens.

The power of a pulse rifle with more dps would be ridiculous. Again, you can chase aliens, you just need some skill/thought into where you are shooting the bullets, it's really not hard.

Saliva wrote:
  1. Faster flamer projectile speed and no self burn.

The flamer is really strong as it is, the only way you can burn yourself is if you are aiming at your own feet (I'm assuming you made this suggestion without playing unvanquished).

Saliva wrote:
  1. Dretch is very easy to kill with the help of dodge and unlagged. Short pounce would help a lot so it would be possible to move unpredictably but still get closer to the human. It would also increase skill ceiling so a skilled dretch could do a lot more. Currently killing a human with it is more based on the skill of the human rather than the skill of the dretch.

Yes it is the first alien class you get, it costs 0 evos and can kill a s1 human with 2 shots. If it was hard to kill it would be OP at s1. Most skillfull players can do very well with dretch. You can even take on s2 humans in some cases (get behind them and stay behind them, let them walk into the headbites, confuse them etc).

Saliva wrote:
  1. Dragoon is too strong. I would prefer that s1 vs s1 was balanced with a weaker goon. There shouldn't be such a massive gap in power between the dretch and goon. The pounce spam is just silly. It takes almost no skill to do and is extremely powerful and gives great mobility.

Weaker goon would ruin aliens, 3 evos for a goon that isn't much stronger than a dretch would be a massive waste. I'm guessing you've been vsing mainly bots, because most skilled trem players usually try to dodge a dragoons chomps. It is possible to 1v1 a dragoon with just a shotty and light armour. Even rifle atm can give a dragoon a run for it's money (assuming the human can dodge well).

Saliva wrote:
  1. Tyrant is too strong. The real issue is the charge. It can be almost instant death to any human and it gives great mobility as well. Even if not using the charge to do damage and use it just for mobility it's still too powerful. It's easy to just charge around a corner and slash a human to death. Because of the mobility it's very hard to do 350 damage to the tyrant before it can escape and heal. Perhaps changing it that it's harder to turn when charging it could work better.

It costs 5 evo points (more than half of the max), tyrant is meant to be a powerful alien. (Tyrant can't turn whilst charging).

All of the suggestions made have been after playing Unvanquished, as that is the game we are talking about (not trem GPP, not even trem... Unvanquished)
Again I'm guessing you haven't played much Unvanquished, so most of these suggestions seem a bit off. Then again this could be a troll and I've just taken the bait, oh well.