Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
GalacticDeath

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by GalacticDeath »

Thanks for the feedback!

I agree that would be an awesome feature to add to the game. That would definitely add a sense of realism to the sounds. Either way, I'll be sure to cut out the reverb from now on.

Cheers!

DoggieB

Post by DoggieB »

Hey guys,

Kharnov recently contacted me about the project and told me to introduce myself at the forums. My username is Doggie_B. I'm a dutch artist, specialized in Architecture and Graphic Design and I'll be helping you with the 2D artwork concerning the Unvanquished project. Unfortunately I don't have much programming skills, but I do have an extensive experience in Photoshop, Illustrator and several 3D tools (3Ds Max/Blender/ect). If needed, I'll offer you my environmental design services as well. You can check out my portfolio at boydhont.carbonmade.com.

RamblingTiger

Post by RamblingTiger »

Hello everyone,

My Name is Jeff, and will be working on Sound Design for the Unvanquished project.
I see two others are also working on it, is there an area that I should start in? guns, vocals ect?

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Hey RamblingTiger! I guess it would be ideal if you could get in direct contact with GalacticDeath and JackTMohn so you can split up the work and settle on a common style.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Tom
Dragoon

Post by Tom »

Hello Doggie_B & RamblingTiger, welcome :wink: .

@GalacticDeath: Very scary monster sounds, I love them!

@Viech:

Viech wrote:

Monsters sound very interesting, but for the game we would need clean versions without the reverb. If the sound design is getting started now, we could think about adding it as a general engine feature though, controllable by the mapper or some automatic measurement of room size.

Whoa! It would be great for immersion!

Sovarozum

Post by Sovarozum »

Hi everyone! I'm also another sound designer! My name is Stephon! I'm looking forward to collaborating with you guys for the project!

jakegabb

Post by jakegabb »

YO. I'm a musician and sound designer, nice to meet you all :)! I'm going to be contributing a large amount of sounds to this game. So I imagine there'll be a torrent of sound spam on here within the next week haha! I also do music as 'You Are Not Real' the link of which is in my signature. Should be playing my first gig this year so I'm gonna poo myself when I do. Better to live life than sit at home though I guess :).

YOU ARE NOT REAL. - https://soundcloud.com/yanr

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

We had like zero sound designers over the last 1½ years and now this, seriously. Welcome Sovarozum and jakegabb! :grin:

We currently don't have the art director position filled, which would normally support you in coordinating your efforts. You should try to get in contact with each other, settle on a common style and distribute the workload. Hopefully some mysterious person hwo keeps track of everything will enter the scene soon.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Omnipraesens

Post by Omnipraesens »

Hi, I'm Omnipraesens. I can't remember what my handle used to be back when I played Tremulous, but I frequently played 1.1-1.2/GPP. I'm a C/C++ programmer, and I rather like the Unvanquished project and have been studying the source code carefully, so expect to see me posting in the Community Development section sometime soon. If I don't get around to doing that I'm probably procrastinating, as usual, or too busy actually playing the game :D

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Programming! Neat. I'd suggest talking to our programmers on our development channel. It's #unvanquished-dev on Freenode.