Testing the 0.52 Release Candidate

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
freem
Mantis

Re: Testing the 0.52 Release Candidate

Postby freem » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:38 pm UTC

What would be great, would be to have a script in the archive to launch daemon with parameters so that it would not be able to touch normal setup. This can actually be added to the list of things which should be fixed for 0.53: be able to have multiple versions installed side-by-side, which will prove useful as time goes on, since mods and maps may become incompatible at some point with future releases.
illwieckz
Project Head

Postby illwieckz » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:46 pm UTC

freem wrote:be able to have multiple versions installed side-by-side, which will prove useful as time goes on, since mods and maps may become incompatible at some point with future releases.

It's not the future we want. Well, we want it to be technically possible and it is, there is -homepath, -libpath, etc.

But this is to make possible to run multiple standalone games with a single engine build, not to have each mod split the player community. We're not delivering to console cartridges, it's expected the project is alive and any version is not written in stone.

Opensourceness exists for making possible to migrate data and code, this also means opensourceness exists for making possible to fix or improve actual stuff with future means that do not exist yet.
This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.
poVoq
Mantis

Postby poVoq » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:23 pm UTC

illwieckz wrote:Out of curiosity, is your GPU listed there? wiki:GPU compatibility matrix :smile:

No, but one that is very similar. Mine is a HD 530 as part of a i7-6700HQ mobile CPU.
illwieckz
Project Head

Postby illwieckz » Sat May 01, 2021 2:40 am UTC

poVoq wrote:
illwieckz wrote:Out of curiosity, is your GPU listed there? wiki:GPU compatibility matrix :smile:

No, but one that is very similar. Mine is a HD 530 as part of a i7-6700HQ mobile CPU.

I see, I assume you can do 60+ fps on 1920×1080 resolution with medium profile, do you confirm? Would you be able to paste the output of `/gfxinfo` command in game (would be displayed on terminal console as well for easy copy/paste) as well as `glxinfo | grep 'Video memory'` from a terminal, plus tell me the laptop brand? This way I would have complete informations to add to a new line in that compatibility matrix. :smile:
This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.

Return to “General Discussion”