can't run a local server in devmode anymore

Get support for Unvanquished.
DwarfVader
Mantis

can't run a local server in devmode anymore

Post by DwarfVader »

Hi,

I'm getting BG_parse errors lately saying that line 5 in voices.default file is missing a team var, but opening that file shows the entry is there and the syntax is correct.

i noticed that the yaourt pgkbuild now spreads unvanquished all over the system, while it all remained in /opt/unvanquished before version 0.21. So maybee i have to make some additional softlinks?.
At the moment, given that im at the build dir, i link the content of the sources main dir to my build dir via:
ln -sf ../../main dev.pk3dir
and all the maps and game pk3's via
ln -sf /var/lib/unvanquished/main/*

Am i missing something? because i have the experience that if something isn't found/ parsed correct it is most likely due to wrong or outdated referenced data files.

Would be nice if someone could have a look at this error and fix it as soon as possible.

DwarfVader

arch linux 64 Bit
nvidia Geforce GT440
8 GB Ram
AMD 4100 Quad-Core Processor

Viech
Project Head

Re: can't run a local server in devmode anymore

Post by Viech »

DwarfVader wrote:

I'm getting BG_parse errors lately saying that line 5 in voices.default file is missing a team var, but opening that file shows the entry is there and the syntax is correct.

This sounds like a bug that was fixed (or introduced?) recently… Atleast something was changed about vsays. Since the file is found, this is probably not related to the filesystem layout change.

DwarfVader wrote:

i noticed that the yaourt pgkbuild now spreads unvanquished all over the system, while it all remained in /opt/unvanquished before version 0.21. So maybee i have to make some additional softlinks?

It is possible that your development environment links to old resources. The installation as such should work though. If you find any issues with the package please tell me.

DwarfVader wrote:

At the moment, given that im at the build dir, i link the content of the sources main dir to my build dir via:
ln -sf ../../main dev.pk3dir
and all the maps and game pk3's via
ln -sf /var/lib/unvanquished/main/*

dev.pk3dir should be parsed before pak*.pk3 since d < p, so the outdated files might overwrite those from the git. Try renaming to z-dev.pk3dir.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

DwarfVader
Mantis

Post by DwarfVader »

Hi viech,

thanks for the tip. But unfortunately renaming dev.pk3dir to z-dev.pk3dir didn't help.
i still get the parse error throwing me back to the main menu.

DwarfVader

arch linux 64 Bit
nvidia Geforce GT440
8 GB Ram
AMD 4100 Quad-Core Processor

Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

You don't want to mix release QVMs or resources with development resources or QVMs. Release has a quick fix to get vsays working; git master has the team and class numbers ripped out in favour of names.

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!

DwarfVader
Mantis

Post by DwarfVader »

hmm.. so how do you guys run and test the current git version then ?

the error remains if i install the AUR package unvanquished-git instead of unvanquished an reference its pk3's, while my fork is in sync with the current unvanquished master (defined as upstream).

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

It means your engine is out of date with the assets. Either update the engine or delete the voice/default.voice from <unvsrc>/main/