If you have trouble registering or do not receive a verification e-mail, please ask for help in chat.

Gameplay Overhaul

Request new features or present your ideas.
freem
Marauder

Re: Gameplay Overhaul

Postby freem » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:43 pm UTC

Gireen wrote:
poVoq wrote:In my humble opinion doctoring around with the current game-play will not work and alienate the (few) current players.

so far the implemented changes seem to have a good reception but those where also things that where requested for years. :grin:
I also want to make it easier for players to give feedback to prevent any alienation.

The barricade buff you did is a bit extreme though. +1 to make it easy for player to give feedback, your mechanism for this point is pretty nice: no need for accounts, no need to leave game, that's great (even if I suspect you received some Russian spam, but maybe this Cyrillic text I've seen is not Russian or not spam, after all).

Gireen wrote:Kill reward multiplier based on difficulty
I think this idea was mentioned in irc to change rewards based on value differences of attackers and victim.
So if a unarmored human kills a dretch he gets 200c as before
if Battlesuit with Luci kills a dretch he gets not 200c but only 28% of if case it is much easier for him.
In the opposit direction if the dretch manages to kill the Battlesuit he gets not 7mp but 24.5
The right formula for it will have to be tested out but that's the basic idea

Yes, this one is much needed, but, I think the base value you will want for that will not be the credit cost of the weapon, instead, maybe better to use the higher momentum of killer vs higher momentum of victim. Because to me, a human in bsuit + ckit (cost 400) is harder to kill as a dretch than a human in light armor + mass driver (cost 550).

I think the tech level of higher equipment allows a much better approximation here.
Gireen
Graphic Designer

Postby Gireen » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:07 pm UTC

freem wrote:The barricade buff you did is a bit extreme though.

yes :grin: its currently less with only +50%

freem wrote:maybe better to use the higher momentum of killer vs higher momentum of victim

That's would be something i want to try later to prevent to strong tech discrepancy that one team could reach max momentum while the other hast yet to reach the first unlock.

With the rewards its more about preventing a deadlock where one team has no and the other all money.

For reward modifiers there will be some testing needed. I think a bsuit with ckit is easier to kill since its only weapon is a blaster, compared to a one shot kill mdrive. The value of equipment is also not just its buy value, currently its 200c + ( equipment * 0.5 )
So it would be bsuit ckit = 400
larmor mdrive = 475
That's a bit more closer to each other.
fear ma engrish :granger:
freem
Marauder

Postby freem » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:29 pm UTC

Gireen wrote:For reward modifiers there will be some testing needed. I think a bsuit with ckit is easier to kill since its only weapon is a blaster, compared to a one shot kill mdrive. The value of equipment is also not just its buy value, currently its 200c + ( equipment * 0.5 )
So it would be bsuit ckit = 400
larmor mdrive = 475
That's a bit more closer to each other.

That's right, and that's something I'm thinking to address in my own gameplay mod, when I'll have released my betterai contributions (one thing at a time). I would like to give alien's weapons and "armors" individual credit costs, to make it easier to balance.
poVoq
Mantis

Postby poVoq » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:27 am UTC

I fixed the link... the auto parser of this forum didn't like the trailing )

My suggestion is specifically to clone a mode that people already know and is easy to understand, thus having a sort of newbie mode for growing the player-base.

There is a risk that this becomes the main game-play mode if it is popular (like insta-gib on Xonotic), but one could slowly expand it to include some more RTS aspects again.
freem
Marauder

Postby freem » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:41 am UTC

Well, I received similar returns from by gamer brother, he said, a game with different sides is too hard to balance and he'd prefer a game with symmetric sides.

This is, of course, less interesting to play (for veterans?), but we did had a mod for AvA and HvH, and I think we somehow should strive to make those more interesting, as they might have some training values. This, OTOH, requires artistic job, so that sides have move variation than just shape. Or maybe shaders?
In any cases, games feels less unbalanced when sides have the sames chances, and if HvH was a bit fun, AvA was not, agains bots. Maybe those could be fixed?
Maybe there's room for improvements on those aspects?
SuperDupont

Postby SuperDupont » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:52 pm UTC

Please, no loot.

Almost all game use loot. Why Unvan should too?
What an Alien can do with a ammo pack?
What an human can do with a Goon teeth? For decoration, but sincerely...

I think, the corps can be the "loot". If you can take the corps to the digester (alien) or the fridge (human), this can increase slowly some "points", give energy for alien builds, and "Federal Credit/subventions" for human builds.

And, Aliens corps given back to OM will reduce loose points, for example.
And, humans corps given to the Bacta-Tank will reduce the loose points. And, some equipment can be recycled (if no aliens take them away from the corps).

At this time, I think, all will carefully trying to don't die, and retrieve corps for rescues.
Need a table for what can drag what at how much speed.

Will be funny to watch alien drag away a human corps... or a rescue team trying to ...

But need :
- Alien digester (or the OM?)
- Human fridge (the Computer from Tremulous?)
- Human Bacta-Tank (from armory model, at horizontal position?)

May be, the Tyrant can eat human corps, and will feed the digester later if he can back? (this also mean, may be human can rescue corps from his stomach?)

It's friday.
Gireen
Graphic Designer

Postby Gireen » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:24 pm UTC

SuperDupont wrote:Almost all game use loot. Why Unvan should too?

Collecting things is fun :grin:
The purpose would be to give an immediate reward and also get a tool to increase base independents of humans.
The amount of dropped health and ammo could increase with gametime or techstage that to the end of a game both teams would not need to resupply/recover at have a standoff which base would go down first.

SuperDupont wrote:What an Alien can do with a ammo pack?
What an human can do with a Goon teeth? For decoration, but sincerely...

Thats something for the lore to invent. :bugeyes:
Aliens probably eat humans and humans use aliens as a resource for technology and that's also the reason for war :bsuit:
( humans need new space phones so they have to exterminate a alien species :grin: )

Having to retrieve loot to base first before it can be uses could be interesting but would also become more complex. It might be something to add later, especially combined with the tech tree, that some new tech would require "ingredients" to become available.

For corpses, it would be awesome if aliens could drag around humans and use them as some kind of resource but i don't see how that could be currently possible.
freem
Marauder

Postby freem » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:19 am UTC

Corpses could "simply" made as entities, like grenades btw, and thus it would be possible to interact with them, instead of them being just ammo or shots or ghosts.
Just sayin'
Gireen
Graphic Designer

Postby Gireen » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:31 pm UTC

The dragging part would be the problem. They would stay stiff.

Another silly idea:

small rewards for dealing damage
Every damage dealt to enemys would give a few credits as reward.
freem
Marauder

Postby freem » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:30 pm UTC

Gireen wrote:small rewards for dealing damage
Every damage dealt to enemys would give a few credits as reward.

I don't like this idea since it discourages hit and run tactics, by feeding enemies.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”