If you have trouble registering or do not receive a verification e-mail, please ask for help in chat.

Killed by noname

Post any feedback you have about the game here.
JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Killed by noname

Postby JOURNEYMAN » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:02 am UTC

During most of the games, I noticed that the tyrants are dying when they are in tight space and trying to get out of that space. I also saw a tyrant trying to go through a wall and dying for no reason. When that happens, the console shows the tyrant was killed by noname. It seems that this only occurs with tyrants. So why is this happening to tyrants and not with human bots? I see lots occasions where human bots are either stuck or trying to go through walls but didn't get killed by noname.
freem
Programmer

Re: Killed by noname

Postby freem » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:27 pm UTC

JOURNEYMAN wrote:During most of the games, I noticed that the tyrants are dying when they are in tight space and trying to get out of that space. I also saw a tyrant trying to go through a wall and dying for no reason. When that happens, the console shows the tyrant was killed by noname. It seems that this only occurs with tyrants. So why is this happening to tyrants and not with human bots? I see lots occasions where human bots are either stuck or trying to go through walls but didn't get killed by noname.

To explain briefly, when bots detect they are stuck, they trigger an «unstuck dance» for some time, and if that does not work, they suicide.

Reasons of them "thinking" they are stuck are multiple, but they happen more often with tyrants since they are way bigger. Depending on the server you play on, this might happen more or less often, since some servers (the experimental bots, mostly) have, well, experimental code to improve the situation, and sometimes it makes it worse (that's the reason why it's not merged in official branches, obviously, we try to not have regressions).

I hope this answers your question? If not, say so, I can explain more on this, but I don't think it will be of much value for players :)
JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Postby JOURNEYMAN » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:10 pm UTC

Some times there is just a wall and the tyrant try to go through it instead of going around. There is practically open space around. But I guess this is one of those bugs.
freem
Programmer

Postby freem » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:05 pm UTC

JOURNEYMAN wrote:But I guess this is one of those bugs.

Good guess :)

Return to “Feedback”