When: Saturday, October 11, 2014 at 1:00 pm United Kingdom time.
Click here to help determine the time of the meeting at your time zone.
Where: The Acidtu.be irc channel on freenode.net: ##acidtube
Three possible ways to join:
- Use the built in web based irc client located at the bottom of the index page of http://forum.acidtu.be
- Use freenode's web based irc client: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23%23acidtube
- Use your own irc client to connect to the irc channel ##acidtube on freenode.net
Meeting Organized by:
- acidtu.be: An online community of enthousiasts of the free and open source games Tremulous & Unvanquished. It serves as a forum for players & developers, as well as providing shelter for various Projects and creative endeavours surrounding Tremulous & Unvanquished.
- New Edge: A Tremulous GPP mod and community.
About the Meeting: The purpose of this meeting is for Tremulous & Unvanquished players/devs/admins/leaders to discuss and brainstorm with each other the following issues:
- What are the current functions, projects, and goals of Acidtu.be?
- What are the current functions, projects, and goals of New Edge?
- What are the current status, and objectives of Unvanquished?
- What are our common interests/goals, both short term and long term, and how can we pull our resources together to help our common interests/goals?
- How can we unify the Tremulous GPP, Tremulous 1.1, and Unvanquished communities to expand our community and player base, as well as encourage collaboration?
- How can we attract new players that have never played any Tremulous based game before, and how can we encourage them to stay after trying Tremulous and/or Unvanquished?
- How can we continue to improve the game experience for the existing player base?
The meeting would start with an introduction of Acidtu.be by the Acidtu.be site administrators, then with an introduction of New Edge by New Edge site administrators. The discussions would commence after the introductions.
After the live irc meeting is over, a copy of the irc chat log for the meeting will be posted on the Unvanquished forums, where the conversation will continue, and allow interested people unable to attend the meeting the opportunity to contribute to the conversation.
Meeting Rules: To ensure that the meeting is productive and yields good results, all participants must adhere to the following rules during the meeting:
- Be respectful to all other participants
- No personal attacks
- No insults
- No fallacies of ad hominem, nor fallacies of appeals to authority.
- No straw man fallacies.
- No deliberate flaming
- No trolling
- No spamming
- No filibustering
- No impeding the discussion from being productive in any way.
- Everyone gets a chance to present and discuss their ideas/questions/concerns, in a way that does not violate the above rules, without interruption
- Constructive criticism is encourage
- Everyone is free to voice any disagreements they have to ideas in a way that does not violate the above rules.
- A participant violating any of the rules, does not justify another participant to violate any of the rules, every participant is accountable for his/her own actions.
- If a participant violates any of these rules, said participant would first be warned, and if the violation continues, that participant would then be muted.