Basilisk (2)

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Cupside
Modeler

Re: Basilisk (2)

Post by Cupside »

It seems like if I had baked maps inverted in some zones. This happened obiously in 3DS Max when I unwraped it. First I had done unwarp of half of the body and then I did a simetry of UV's. In this process I had choosen some simetry of left side on right side or viceversa. It happens also because I put some part of the texture capsize,to profit better UV map space.

So sorry for this EPIC FAIL. As I said I will try to fix it mirroring in Photoshop, perhaps this has two issues, we will lost asymetry details of model and also a lot of UV map space. This is the only thing I can do without changing geometry and UV space.

Let me know what do you think about it.

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

Well, as i'm lazy as shit, i'd prefer rather changing texture without touching geometry since i really don't want to rig same model twice. But, if it is inevitable... well, shit.

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

soooo... Should i wait for a new geometry or start animating the one i have?

Cupside
Modeler

Post by Cupside »

Forget Basilisk atm. I have to rework it, I have been trying to fix it yesterday and this morning mirroring one side to other inside photoshop but I had some issues with lighting (worst than before). I'm also reading posts on forums (polycount and 3Dpoder) about this issue and how to fix it, but atm I don't have a solution for that.

I think I will have to rework all textures again. The most annoying is that Xoliul Shader "blured" some issues of seams (I don't know why) and that is why I didn't noticed it before, because I changed material inside Max with standar material and textures, holy shit,all seams pop up very clear.

As I said I want to kill myselft (I'm sure you too :frown: ) and now I'm depressed with that.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

:frown:
Allow this granger to cheer you up:

:advgranger: ←( Everything will be alright! Grrr! )

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Relax, Cupside. Just fix the textures and we'll get gavlig onto this. The color scheme is fine, just replicate what you had before.

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

Yes, don't kill yourself, please! Just chill for a few days and take a look at the problem again, maybe it can be solved without violence :)

Cupside
Modeler

Post by Cupside »

Another thing that I found is that glow map has produced also some tricky and nasty bugs on seams and I don't know why.

Futhermore I saw that .obj file I send to you has all polys separated as seams and I don't know why that happened, it seems a bug of GoZ and 3DS Max (as far I am concerned I read it on forums). Could Gavlig check that his basilisk model has that issue? Thank you.

I'm working on it mate, when I have something I will upload new textures.

Cupside
Modeler

Post by Cupside »

I post here some related forums/articles I was reading to find a solution to this problem:

http://www.svartberg.com/tutorials/arti ... lmaps.html
http://wiki.polycount.com/NormalMap/#Mo ... -Poly_Mesh
http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/720 ... st27166791
http://www.ericchadwick.com/examples/pr ... 2.html#wts

It seems an error of tangents that are splited in seams, then I got in my UV maps 2 tanget at same pixel, and this is the main issue. Now I know what's the issue but I dont know how to fix it :_(

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Would it be practical to retexture the same mesh?