Basilisk (2)

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: Basilisk

Post by kharnov »

Nice. Let's see how it looks with the limb armor being that color too.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Yes, the added contrast does the lisk good. I agree with kharnov that the darker complexion should be used in more places (after all, the old lisk has been refered to as Tremulous' ninja class).

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

janev
Marauder

Post by janev »

Pink is a color naturally associated with the tender bits in animal anatomy. I think it would be a mistake to carry that over to anything but the tender bits of the alien anatomy (max 10-20% of the texture area). Joints, the underbelly, and muscles are fair game but I would prefer a darker/ harder color on the parts that are supposed to be part of the exoskeleton. The tail-spike, legs, and armor plating along back/spine should all be hardened.

There are shiny parts on the back that look like they are covered in a mucus membrane or something. Mucus should stay on the inside of animals.

The pincers around the mouth should have a different color to the front legs, from the front it looks like the legs are coming out of the mouth. It's a bit comical. :grin:

Cupside
Modeler

Re: Basilisk (2)

Post by Cupside »

Lowpoly model with textures:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l9geyujc5bea0ay/T2qyLWYPyU

Could you check it ingame please? Thanks for your help.

Cupside
Modeler

Post by Cupside »

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

Hey, Cupside!

We might have a little probrem, can you tell me if it's something you can fix without messing with geometry?

http://minus.com/mbhyiDLDVw09Lu

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

basi's mouth has also suffered from this texture madness. I suspect that something went wrong during baking http://minus.com/i/iqhcWVrfGXXN

Cupside
Modeler

Post by Cupside »

503 error.

Could you upload some images here? Thank you

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

Cupside
Modeler

Post by Cupside »

Pffff. I have seen it and I want to kill myselft. It happens in every map (diff, normal and spec map). I'm going to try to mirror one side to other inside photoshop to solve it, but I dunno if this will fix it in every part of model.

If I were you I will stop to spend time in this model until I have fixed it, because as I said I'm not sure it I will be able to solve it without reworking of geometry and UV's.