Basilisk (2)

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Cupside
Modeler

Basilisk (2)

Post by Cupside »

Hello everybody,

I started some time ago concept phase of Basilisk. I was mainly defining forms in 3D with Zbrush. I'm a bit stuck atm with head and joins of legs with body. I did a turntable about model so you can see it better.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/psaqryyjzc37gf9/Concept.mov

I have to say that I never tried before to do non human before so it is hard to me to understand shapes of that model.

I have done claws with reference of mantis prayer I found on Inet.

Let me know what do you think about it, what should I change. If you have any reference for that model, I will be glad to see them.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: Basilisk Concept Phase

Post by kharnov »

Wow, those arms look incredible! I'm really impressed with the insect-like appearance of them. I also like the legs on the basilisk. Since it's still a work in progress, the main body itself will need more work, as well as the head. However, it's very promising, and I think this will go somewhere good.

If you want, Khaos could give you additional references on parts that you're having trouble with. He's the one that made the basilisk concept art.

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

Hey Cupside,

Awesome work, a lot better than I had expected for an initial model render.

Here's an image that pretty much sums up the changes

This is a picture of the Marauder. The shell/carapace mask is similar to what the basilisk is supposed to be like (with the sunken eye holes etc)

Lemme know if you need anything clarified.

Cupside
Modeler

Post by Cupside »

Thank you for your comments,

I had not the same concept Khaoz, I had one less detailed. With this one I will model leg, chest and head better than before. As I said claws were done based on real life mantis prayer claws and are in relax form, it can be still posed like in concept but rigger will hate me if i pose in that way. It is true that are bigger in concept, I will rework a bit them if you want.

I know body needs a lot of work yet, I was only looking about forms, as you said carapace must be everywhere (head, legs, body). I think i did head smaller than concept prob due mantis head hahaha.

Well, thx 4 ur help, I'm working on it now.

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

Cupside wrote:

Thank you for your comments,

I had not the same concept Khaoz, I had one less detailed. With this one I will model leg, chest and head better than before. As I said claws were done based on real life mantis prayer claws and are in relax form, it can be still posed like in concept but rigger will hate me if i pose in that way. It is true that are bigger in concept, I will rework a bit them if you want.

I know body needs a lot of work yet, I was only looking about forms, as you said carapace must be everywhere (head, legs, body). I think i did head smaller than concept prob due mantis head hahaha.

Well, thx 4 ur help, I'm working on it now.

Ah ok I thought you where given the image I posted.

Look forward to seeing what you will come up with.

Cupside
Modeler

Post by Cupside »

I have detailed a bit more (still in concept phase) about model.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c9c6q325s6h1fyj/Concept1.mov

Let me know what do you think about carapace/armor pieces. I modified claws to be bigger than before (I'm not sure what do you refer with Scythe, Khaoz, do you say about more edge scythe and remove spikes?), I detailes better legs with carapace armor and developt a bit more chest /body. I will start to model head to be at same detail as other parts of creature.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

The level of detail on those legs is amazing! I would say in general that the limbs look very good.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Awesome! Friend :basilisk: will be very happy with its new look!

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

Oh wow this is amazing, nice work!

Cupside
Modeler

Post by Cupside »

Well, I detailed a bit more chest and work on head. Head is still in progress (no teeth, mandibles still only basic volume, need to reshape whole head prob). Here you got link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxby36z3krp3lk5/Concept3.mov