Battle Suit (2)

Concept artwork for models and maps.
Ishq
Project Head

Re: Battle Suit Concept

Post by Ishq »

Awesome. passed this onto Angel who said he would begin work on this immediately.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

While we're waiting on the battlesuit to be modeled, would you like to take up another assignment, PhilZero? There are several more things we could use for the human team, and it would be neat to have the concepts done by the same guy.

PhilZero
Concept Artist

Post by PhilZero »

Sure, I'm in the middle of a concept for something else right now but get me a list of things that need designing and I'll see what catches my eye.

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

Would you prefer to do art for buildings or equipment?

If buildings, then there are several we'll need designs for. There's the medistation which is a sort of pad that humans can step on to heal themselves. Alternatively, there's the repeater which acts as a power transmitter to provide energy to distant outposts, or the drill that extracts resources from the ground.

With equipment, we can use things like the jet pack or the battery pack, the latter of which provides added ammuniation for weapons that use energy. There's also heavy armor which is an intermediate between the light armor and the battlesuit.

We can also use assorted weapon designs. If you want to do weapons, tell me and I'll give you a list.

By the way, feel free to put that battlesuit design onto your portfolio. It looks great!

PhilZero
Concept Artist

Post by PhilZero »

Weapons sounds like fun, please get me the list.

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

These are the weapons we're looking for new artwork for. You can make a new thread for whichever you pick, and you can pick as many as you'd like. I can give you additional information on the ones you pick, as well as references or existing artwork.

• Blaster. Free, slow-firing energy pistol with unlimited ammo.

• Rifle. Free, rapid-firing assault weapon. The default weapon.

• Painsaw. The human team’s sole close-range weapon, an energy saw.

• Shotgun. Highly damaging short-range weapon, with a slow firing and reload rate.

• Mass driver. Sniper rifle with a scope. Limited ammunition, and very slow.

• Chaingun. A machine gun with a very high rate of fire, but inaccurate.

• Pulse rifle. Medium-range plasma rifle with slow, but powerful shots.

• Lucifer cannon. Extremely powerful plasma cannon with slow-moving shots.

PhilZero
Concept Artist

Post by PhilZero »

I will go for the mass driver

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

The mass driver is essentially an energy-based sniper rifle. Instead of a long circular barrel like you might find with traditional rifles that fire bullets, it's quite literally a mass driver in the sense that the projectile is fired down a path lined with powerful magnets. On top, there's a scope that you aim with. Some other considerations are that the weapon works off clips, so there will need to be a spot that you can add clips and remove spent ones from; in addition, you might want to consider means of reducing recoil. We'll need artwork for both the mass driver and its clips.

PhilZero
Concept Artist

Post by PhilZero »

Sounds good. Might be a little while before I begin this one, I'll post progress as soon as there is some.