Battle Suit (2)

Concept artwork for models and maps.
PhilZero
Concept Artist

Battle Suit (2)

Post by PhilZero »

Concepts of the battlesuit. Gimme some feedback!

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Re: Battle Suit Concept

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

I like #5. Shoulders may need some bulking up. Don't forget the matching helmet.
#1 could be used as heavy armor.

Grab reality by the balls and squeeeeze!

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Yeah, that's more or less my opinion too.

janev
Marauder

Post by janev »

Overall I give it to #5, as it looks like the best armored of the bunch and therefore fits the "battlesuit" description. I also really like the breastplate on #1 but agree that with the gaps would be better suited as heavy armor.

velociostrich
Dragoon

Post by velociostrich »

Nice work so far!

JOURNEYMAN wrote:

I like #5. Shoulders may need some bulking up. Don't forget the matching helmet.
#1 could be used as heavy armor.

The only problem with using #1 for heavy armor and #5 for the battlesuit is a lack of differentiation between the two silhouette-wise. If #1 were to be used as heavy armor, it should be slimmed down a touch.

janev wrote:

Overall I give it to #5, as it looks like the best armored of the bunch and therefore fits the "battlesuit" description. I also really like the breastplate on #1 but agree that with the gaps would be better suited as heavy armor.

I agree with this logic, however, some gaps are necessary to facilitate motion of the limbs, so for that reason, #5 might need a bit more space between the thigh and hip armor.

I think what makes #2, #3, and #4 ineligible for a role as the battlesuit would be that they're just not beefy enough. The chest armor on #3 is too bland, in my opinion.

@PhilZero, do you think you could add some details around the knees of #5? I think a simple plate like in #1 analogous to a kneecap would make the most sense. I think #5 is all around a pretty darn awesome concept: it's different from what you see in other games while being interesting to look at and simple at the same time. #1 is also pretty cool, but it would appear more to be just plates of armor being worn by the soldier--the idea of the battlesuit is that it augments the wearer's strength as well, so the full-encapsulation that #5 provides would imply this capability.

LiamisZNG

Post by LiamisZNG »

These look super cool. #1 and #5 for sure, tho i think #1 needs a little something on the legs.
I also like 4 as like a armor base that everything else attaches to.

PhilZero
Concept Artist

Post by PhilZero »

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. I've combined some elements of the other designs into #5, and made a lot of changes for the sake of dexterity, and also to make it more believable as a wearable suit.

Current progress:

Attachments
v41flx.jpg
kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

Very nice! I can see more of the detail now, and I like where this is going. Two things, though. One, would you be able to bulk it up further? Two, what are your plans for the helmet? Will there be some sort of visor, or will the occupant be able to view things a different way?

PhilZero
Concept Artist

Post by PhilZero »

Hey kharnov, vision will be camera based (the 2 small circles on the side of the helmet are cameras). I feel like visors have been done to death this generation and want to try something else that differentiates it from other designs out there - although it can be changed if nobody likes it.

Regarding the armour size, I can certainly bulk it up a bit more; I'd like to wait for velociostrich to chime in first as I was going for something inbetween my XoL Major and Heavy Ops designs as he specified.

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

Good point regarding the visors. Think you could do a quick lineup of potential helmet designs?