Hart's concept art contribution

Post all of your progress here about official assets, and receive feedback from our team.
Harts

Hart's concept art contribution

Post by Harts »

Hi guys,

I'm Harts/hawthornearts, and over the next few weeks/months I'm going to be doing some concept art for Unvanquished.
Hopefully I'll be able to design characters, aliens and environments of a good standard that will work well with the pre-existing game.

Thanks!

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: Hart's concept art contribution

Post by kharnov »

Hey again.

After looking over some of the other alien artwork, what do you feel like you'd be interested in doing? Are you more interested in alien player concepts, or alien buildings?

Harts

Post by Harts »

Split between the two. I think I'm leaning more towards alien buildings, I must admit, I didn't find all that much when going through the threads... maybe I'm looking in the wrong places?

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Those are mostly the things that we need new concept art of. We have several alien buildings already in-game, and a few are still missing, since they haven't been given concept art yet. These buildings are the booster, hive, barricade, and leech. To give you a quick rundown of what each does, the booster is something that oozes out poison for the aliens to coat their claws with, the hive houses swarming aliens and is an attack structure, the barricade is a defensive structure that acts as its name suggests, and the leech extracts resources from the ground.

Of those, which sound the most interesting to you? We can go further in-depth if you pick one (or more).

Harts

Post by Harts »

Barricade and Leech

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Furthermore, you can do the "advanced" aliens. They are an upgraded from for each of the aliens (except the dretch and the tyrant, the smallest and the largest), with upgraded abilities. If this interests you I can give you more details about this as well.

Harts

Post by Harts »

Yes that would be fine, more details please?

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

The Marauder, basilisk, dragoon, and vulture concepts are in this forum. They each need an "advanced" stage. The advanced marauder has the ability to use chaining electrical attacks. The advanced basilisk has the ability to spew disorienting gas, the advanced dragoon has the ability to shoot a miniature exploding barb, and the advanced vulture's straits are to be determined. You should need to pick one of these to start with and and change the skin. THe idea is that we do not change the mesh.

Harts

Post by Harts »

In that case would it be more efficient to do the concepts by painting over the current 3D model?

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Well, the current 3D models aren't complete. You could paint over the current concepts though.