Reactor

Concept artwork for models and maps.
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: Reactor concept art

Post by kharnov »

I have bloom on. That's why it looks a little too bright.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Our bloom is good and should default to enabled on high quality settings, so we should take it into consideration when adjusting specular and lightmaps.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

Yes. It does look pre-bloomed.

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Here's a link if you'd like to try it out in-game.

http://unvanquished.net/dsalt/reactor.pk3

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Worked a bit on the lights, changed their color and made them pulsating (download). Didn't manage to reduce the shinyness to turret level yet. On the other hand, it looks rather good on darker maps such as yocto, parpax and thunder.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

chris
Modeler

Post by chris »

There is a new versionreactorv11.pk3 on dropbox:
changes:

• darken diffuse
  • pushed spec higher
  • added light bluish colour to the electric plates
  • added sine wave to the core

also don't orient at the turret, I was never happy how it came out in unv, its way to dark.
Once we get iqm I will export the turret again and adjust the colours to match the reactors one.
So that they appear as one "familiy".

There are some old screenshots, if someone missed it on irc:

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Looks better! Did you have a look at my shader and glowmaps? I think it would be nice to have the small lamps go from green to red when the RC is destroyed.

chris
Modeler

Post by chris »

Viech wrote:

Looks better! Did you have a look at my shader and glowmaps? I think it would be nice to have the small lamps go from green to red when the RC is destroyed.

yes I had the same idea but I dont know how to hook up different maps to specific animations. If it plays the destroy animation it would be cool if the core and his defences shut down and the warning lights start to blink red till he explodes.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Since the cgame puts a green or red blueprint shader on the model when you are about to place it, I think it should also be possible to swap shaders the moment where the dying animation plays. Maybe someone with greater knowledge would like to comment on this?