Marauder

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
gavlig
Animator

Re: Marauder Model

Post by gavlig »

Osiris, man, you're awesome! We are so lucky to have you in our team! :)

velociostrich
Dragoon

Post by velociostrich »

Looks good! Can't say that I like the blue eyes, though; I do think I favor the orangishy red eyes that Khaos posted.

Here's a thought, though: when the electrical attack is engaged, the eyes glow blue? Eh? Just a thought.

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

The orange eyes provide too stark a contrast. The blue eyes are a nice subtle touch that blend nicely with the model.

Osiris
Modeler

Post by Osiris »

thing about the orange eyes is the tyrants are much smaller so that contrast is accepted more easily. I can mess around with some different variations to the eyes.

Also if you guys would like to move this process along faster. The low res model itself is done. The only thing that will be changing is the normals and textures. If we want we can start animations on the base model.

velociostrich
Dragoon

Post by velociostrich »

Osiris wrote:

If we want we can start animations on the base model.

Afaik the only animators we have are myself, gavlig, and jm. Jm's currently busy with the egg, I don't know if gavlig has time, and I certainly do not and probably will not until the semester is over (nor am I as talented as the other two gentlemen I mentioned), so it might go to jm when he finishes with the egg. I may be able to start the rigging process when spring break rolls around (in another week for me), though.

Osiris
Modeler

Post by Osiris »

I can animate it if need be. But ill just finish the sculpt for now.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

All aliens should have glowing eyes, otherwise dark spots are too much of a problem on maps (and if we have to adjust to aliens w/o glowing eyes, our maps will look worse). The blue eyes look good but I also like the fact that our aliens and all alien structures but the overmind have the same kind of eyes, so I'm undecided here.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Osiris
Modeler

Post by Osiris »

does the dretch have glowing eyes?

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Yes, actually. The render on the main page is an older one.

Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

It's a flea!

But a dangerous one… :)

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!