Marauder

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Osiris
Modeler

Re: Marauder Model

Post by Osiris »

I like that concept, are we wanting to go with that or the original texture wise?

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

It's a start, but I think we don't want to use red on the marauder. Keep in mind that the marauder is the "intermediate" form between the dretch and tyrant. The dretch is brown, and the tyrant is some sort of bluish-gray. Thus, the marauder should probably use more earthy tones to it.

One proposal of mine is that the hard parts of the carapace can be bluish-gray like the tyrant, and the softer exposed segments can be brown. If this doesn't work, then try another color scheme. What do you think, Khaos?

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

On the contrary, I think red is a fitting color for the marauder, but it should try to use more variation of colors. We want to slightly move away from the color scheme of the old mara.

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

The illustrator file is set up so the shading+lighting changes with the base colour.
So testing other colours would be easy.

(if you want to see it in a specific colour just let me know - preferably with the hex code or example)

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Am I doing this right?

Individual (main) colors:

#8f0404
#a52009
#605f46
#483a3a

Comedy option:

#ae4ccd

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

kharnov wrote:

Am I doing this right?

Individual (main) colors:

#8f0404
#a52009
#605f46
#483a3a

Comedy option:

#ae4ccd

That's right
http://imgur.com/vZcxIw2,FxHe1GS,2EbxLv ... ub,R4vPG3M

Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

Maybe… but that suggestion of somewhere between dretch and tyrant isn't bad. Myself, I'd say closer to dretch for the basic marauder and closer to tyrant for the advanced marauder (which could have metallic patches from where it zaps).

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I'd agree with Anomalous that we should try to have a semi-coherent style for all our aliens. The white chitin plates don't fit our style at all. It would be wise to use our acid tube, trapper, dretch or tyrant for reference instead of our marauder placeholder. Note that I'm talking predominantly about the color, not about the model itself.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

velociostrich
Dragoon

Post by velociostrich »

Viech wrote:

The white chitin plates don't fit our style at all.

I have to say I agree. So far I don't think any sort of bluish tones (like Stannum's re-skin of the Dragoon) have been tried, though I can't say how that would look.

Osiris
Modeler

Post by Osiris »

Another small update, still wip