Alpha 10 is approaching!

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Alpha 10 is approaching!

Post by kharnov »

We're having some issues with the cross-post plugin after the server move, but you can read the article here: http://unvanquished.net/news/32-alpha-10-is-approaching

The plugin will be fixed in a day or two. For now, just post feedback here.

Gireen
Graphic Designer
Clan: [DoH]

Re: Alpha 10 is approaching!

Post by Gireen »

woho new maps :D

fear ma engrish :granger:

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

When you say 'alt' what's the command? Because "Alt" is already bound to "+dodge" (or whatever dodge was) on my computer, since my previous bind for it was "z" which was hard to reach, and "z" in 1.1 was "itemtoggle blaster".

Also, can you add a auto-taunt feature like how Xonotic has? <3 [Xonotic uses audios that say things like: Win!/You suck! AHAHAH!/Fuzzy./etc. upon the death of a victim]

I hope galvig fixed the weird human positions when he's crouching, he can do impossible limbo positions and can rape the floor as he is now :O

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

@ViruS: I'm gavlig, not galvig. And those weird positions might be caused by impossible aiming angle, not bad animation(though i assume animation can be screwed up too). Can you provide us with a screenshot of him raping the floor?

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

@gavlig: Sry about mispelling. I generally read 60 characters per second [Before this square bracket, i would've read that in one second]. Glad to notice you spelt my name with a capital 'S' as lots don't, but i don't mind.
@"Rape poses, limbo etc."
Don't need to [If i do it anyway, it'd take a few hours to upload, my internet's really unstable right now, lets say about 50 kb/s max for 15 second period per hour]

Go thirdperson (cg_thirdperson. cg_thirdpersonrange, cg_thirdpersonangle etc.) and view yourself when you're:
-Jumping [Nice stunts!]
-Crouching [Aim down/up, where 'down' is the rape if you're moving, 'up' is the ultimate limbo move]

It's not the animator's fault, but can be fixed with a bit of coding and/or a special pose for direct up/down aiming. [Tremulous models also do back-braking poses, but it's not as noticable as the massive crotch in the unv human seen when crouching]

Also, to whoever creates the particle system, it's about time i say that the flame particles can spawn behind walls if you're aiming at one due to the fact '2' flames spawn at the same time.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

ViruS wrote:

@gavlig: Sry about mispelling. I generally read 60 characters per second

What does that have to do with your misspelling?

Qrntz
Dragoon

Post by Qrntz »

KenuR wrote:

What does that have to do with your misspelling?

Keyword: i r r e l e v a n c e.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

I have a mind of a ten-year old in a 16-year old's body. Calm down.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage