Let's discuss a move to our IdeaTorrent

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.

Do you support this measure?

Yes! Move idea discussion to our IdeaTorrent page.

39%

No! Keep idea discussion to this section of the forums.

6%

I don't care! Ambivalence.

6%

Keep both. Encourage IdeaTorrent for ideas and Feedback for other things.

50%

Total votes: 18
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Let's discuss a move to our IdeaTorrent

Post by kharnov »

So, I've been considering something. At the end of this month, I'd like to close the Feedback & Suggestions sub-forum, and instead have idea discussions move to our IdeaTorrent page, which we also host: http://unvanquished.net/ideas/ideatorrent/

The advantages behind this are enormous. For one, ideas are clearly labeled on IdeaTorrent, and you have to provide a solution to your idea, which ensures that ample thought is put into each suggestion. In addition, it's much easier to gauge which ideas actually have support behind them. Our community has grown considerably ever since our first release, and in recent months it's become very difficult to sift through the feedback forum to see what people actually want. Thus, it would be to the benefit of the community if we closed off this sub-forum and instead moved idea discussion to IdeaTorrent. Your ideas would have more of a chance of being seen and heard by those that are capable of developing them.

If anyone is vocal about this move, then post your feedback in this thread. You have until November 30th to weigh in on this issue. I won't close the sub-forum off before then, and afterwards, I'll still leave it up as an archive so that your posts won't be gone forever.

janev
Marauder

Re: Let's discuss a move to our IdeaTorrent

Post by janev »

Why not? Most of what gets posted at the moment is gameplay suggestions that should go into the ideatorrent anyway. That's what it's for.

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

I vote a fourth option. Encourage users to post ideas in IdeaTorrent, but keep Feedback as well, as Feedback encompasses more than just ideas. It is a place for players to let us know what they think. I can't see any benefit of dumping all the ideas from one location to another. It is better for them to coexist--let the users decide which one is the most appropriate location to present their idea.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I partly agree with `Ishq, Feedback should stay on the forums. But I think we should split feedback and suggestions: Suggestions should go on IdeaTorrent because it is the only place where we can keep track of them. The suggestions on the forum are already a mess and we haven't even reached Beta yet. On the other hand, feedback doesn't fit the IdeaTorrent (despite the comment section) but is very important for establishing an active community. So my proposition is: Leave a "Feedback" section on the forums as well as a link to IdeaTorrent labeled "Ideas and Suggestions".

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Agreed ^^.
Also it would be nice if we could somehow have a quick way to interact via forums like the news/blog thing interacts. Its just that the ideatorrent never lets me auto-log in so i rarely visit it anymore.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Qrntz
Dragoon

Post by Qrntz »

Split feedback and suggestions, suggestions go to IdeaTorrent.

DGMurdockIII

Post by DGMurdockIII »

I agree with this strongly but if you do this it a must you that you start using all the feature of like movie ideas in develpoment to that section you get the idea and you must have some other way for bug reporting besides the forums if you are going to do this

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

It's been discussed before, I don't think they're going to do it.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Yeah, the option that won was "Keep both. Encourage IdeaTorrent for ideas and Feedback for other things."

DGMurdockIII

Post by DGMurdockIII »

if you going to keep this open and not make a push to use it then just close it i agree if you wanted have this as forum where admin can only make topic ideas that form ideatorrent so people can disscuc them here but if you not going to make a push to use it then get ride of because it will only make getting feedback alot easer