Post by Qrntz »

okay what

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Re: Granger Danger

Post by Khaoz »

Qrntz wrote:

okay what

You kinda had to be on the IRC at the time to get it.

E-Mxp
Graphic Designer

Post by E-Mxp »

YES!

le mi'a bende cu nitcu lo zbasu

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

This should be given more space.

Whales
Dretch

Post by Whales »

Ishq wrote:

This should be given more space.

What can I do to give this the most public exposure possible?

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

I really, really want to see Eirhjien's take on the granger.

Eirhjien
Dretch

Post by Eirhjien »

honestly, I say leave it just the way it is. At this point the game is clearly bound by the laws and rules of a sci-fi, so when it comes to horror the fear is going to be from atmosphere and situation, not monster design. On this end all i'd do is color swap so it looks a little less "metroid" maybe put more attention on the frontal protective claws and loose the spikes on the thorax since they're useless. Hair on the thorax could make it a bit more creepy, and the colors are only suggestive, i dont care what color the model is, just avoid bright orange highlights and eyes or we'll look like we're ripping lost planet.

nother quick thing on horror... lets be honest, giant bugs are about as scary as a giant anything else... "ahhhh it's a giant kitten, that shouldnt be!!" and since im doubting you guys want anything humanoid on the aliens side, were going to have to highten the ai on these guys...

example 1 if there's a trucks in between me and a tyrant, i dont want him to walk around, i want him to throw it out of the way and continues strait at me without loosing focus.

example 2, no one ever looks up, make the little guys wall and ceiling climb, and give them the option to drop down and correct for gravity as they fall to attack.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Haha, I see a cigarette! Nice touch there! Makes the granger look pretty badass. I like the glowing green segments too. It's like some sort of vicious attack granger.

Here is how the granger looks in Tremulous:

As you can see, it is an absolutely adorable green thing with six beady, black eyes. It makes delightful gurgling sounds. On the alien team, it serves as the building class. Early on, it can't walk on walls, but once the alien team advances a stage, it can. It possesses a very weak biting attack, and later on it can fire blobs of spit that do very little damage, but can potentially poison humans.

The granger is a fan-favorite, and we've been saving it for last so that we can get it right. If we don't do the granger right, people will be very upset. Large portions of the community cherish the granger and some people even refuse to shoot it when they encounter one, instead choosing to jump around it and play with the granger. As you can see, the granger takes a very special place in our hearts.

I think we only have three requirements for friend granger:

• Green.

• Adorable.

• Gurgling sounds.

E-Mxp
Graphic Designer

Post by E-Mxp »

kharnov wrote:

Large portions of the community cherish the granger and some people even refuse to shoot it when they encounter one, instead choosing to jump around it and play with the granger. As you can see, the granger takes a very special place in our hearts.

Guilty :o

le mi'a bende cu nitcu lo zbasu