Ground fire damage

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
SuperDupont
Dretch

Re: Release candidates for 0.54.0 [RC2]

Post by SuperDupont »

Thanks!

since the number of allowed entities increased, or something like that, game like Dretch Storm where some people throw 20 flames grenades in 2 seconds, with short key, make several problems:
- First, it's create some lag, but I have a small CG.
- The flames are additional, I means, Goons can die before crossing the small area.

I think, the flame shouldn't be additional. Or with a limit.
So, may be we (dev, not me) can use a small virtual grid, to know where there is flames on ground or on wall (not yet). So, each case can have some randomly flames draw, that will be simpler than 20 at the same place. (or ten).

Also, what to do with the old Luci model? A new weapons?

illwieckz
Project Head

Ground fire damage

Post by illwieckz »

SuperDupont wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:27 pm UTC

Game like Dretch Storm where some people throw 20 flames grenades in 2 seconds, with short key, make several problems:

• First, it's create some lag, but I have a small CG.
  • The flames are additional, I means, Goons can die before crossing the small area.

So, may be we (dev, not me) can use a small virtual grid, to know where there is flames on ground or on wall (not yet). So, each case can have some randomly flames draw, that will be simpler than 20 at the same place. (or ten).

Can you open an issue for that? I also thought the same today.

since the number of allowed entities increased, or something like that, game like Dretch Storm where some people throw 20 flames grenades in 2 seconds, with short key, make several problems:

• First, it's create some lag, but I have a small CG.

To limit the impact of additional grenades, we may also limit the amount of fires per area (from fire grenades and flamer…), which may also address this.

Also, what to do with the old Luci model? A new weapons?

No idea! That model was initially named “pulse”…

This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.

killing time
Programmer

Re: Release candidates for 0.54.0 [RC2]

Post by killing time »

Already exists. There is FIRE_MIN_DISTANCE = 20. A ground fire can't exist within a 20 qu distance of another one. But perhaps it could be increased.

illwieckz
Project Head

Re: Ground fire damage

Post by illwieckz »

I split the topic so we have a dedicated topic for that ground issue.

Those numbers about fire are really interesting freem! Those 112 DpS look too much to me. I think it would be better if the ground fire damage of a zone is caped to a single fire damage value or something like that.

This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.