Nerf the flamethrower already...

Post any feedback you have about the game here.
Moimeme

Nerf the flamethrower already...

Post by Moimeme »

Hello,

I'm new to the community but i played my fair share of tremulous back in the days and i started playing unvanquished 2 days ago and what the actual f*** is going on with the flamethrower.

Humans "turtleing" under their turrets is nothing new but the flamethrower is just not ok.

1 : players can abuse bot IA and destroy the game balance once they reach that level.
2 : i was minding my own vs bot doing tons of acid traps behind a wall and some bot came in, litteraly died in 0.5 sec but had time to press 1 left click and destroyed half of the defenses, wth.

Are balance patch planed ?

Love you all ! Hope to see you in the game someday.

Bye !
Gireen
Graphic Designer
Clan: [DoH]

Re: Nerf the flamethrower already...

Post by Gireen »

Not sure if i understood it right but:

A bot burned down your alien buildings?
Where all buildings close together?
Do you know that grangers can extinguish fire?

We had discussions about changes to the flamer but there is nothing decided yet.

fear ma engrish :granger:

Moimeme

Post by Moimeme »

No i didn't know you could extinguish fire with grangers, that's nice to know, thank you !

But since the server lack players atm you can't defend and build at the same time.. And whether or not the defenses are close or not isn't the problem, the problem being that if a single hit on an alien defense lands on a structure it means it burns down.

Maybe if you could extinguish it by putting yourself on it (it would damage you but put the flames out) ?

I do agree that if the servers had more player in it, the flamethrower would be weaker than it is right now, but atm it feels so strong...

Maybe i'm crazy tho :D
Gireen
Graphic Designer

Post by Gireen »

We all are crazy :bugeyes:

If all buildings would be fire resistant the flamer became useless, but only the barricades for example could be interesting.

Another way could be to reduce the damage burning does to buildings but let it last longer. That buildings slowly lose health and give more time to extinguish.

@Moimeme, its also possible for aliens to devolve back to grangers. So extinguishing fire could be theoretical possible. But i never saw anyone doing it :confused:

Moimeme

Post by Moimeme »

Wth, how does this continue happening to me : I didn't realise i could devolve !! I would have done it so many time since you're often at 19.9 evolve point because of the bots.

A lot of the problems come from the fact that we play in underpopulated servers. If we had a builder in the base like any normal game would have, the flamethrower would be way less effective already. But i guess increasing granger "fire rate" would be nice. I would actually love to see that. xD

but until the game attracts more peoples it'd be nice if the flamethrower'd get tinkered a bit.
Gireen
Graphic Designer

Post by Gireen »

Moimeme wrote:Wth, how does this continue happening to me : I didn't realise i could devolve !!
Its a recent change :grin:
The communication how the gampleay works is probably something we need to improve more :bugeyes:

Would it help if you can give bots instructions where they move/defend/attack ?

@freem, i don't think this is a skill problem, since Moimeme seems to be a tremulous veteran, but more that building and defending is harder if you are alone and bots just do there own thing :tongue:

Moimeme

Post by Moimeme »

It would indeed be nice if we had changelogs ! And yes, a rally / attack buton could help taking down those obnoxious human bases :3