Tom wrote:I remember that in 2007 a group of French students and their professor devised a random map generator for Tremulous, here are some links but most are in French:
- (en) http://tremulous.net/forum/index.php?topic=4268.msg64102#msg64102 ;
- (fr) http://professeurs.esiea.fr/wassner/?2007/10/18/93-une ;
- (fr) http://professeurs.esiea.fr/wassner/?2007/05/12/70-derniere-video-du-projet-de-creation-de-map-pour-tremulous ;
- (fr) http://professeurs.esiea.fr/wassner/?2007/04/01/55-le-projet-de-creation-de-map-progresse ;
- (fr) http://professeurs.esiea.fr/wassner/?2007/02/13/42-renouveau-du-fps-first-person-shooter ;
- (en, fr) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiqX1YRxJ1A.
Hey @Tom, I know I come more than four years after your post, but I recovered the original subversion repository to make a git one , and I fixed some code to make it build on modern toolchains, so code TremGen code is now uploaded there: github.com/illwieckz/TremGen.
If I find time I will probably update the build process to use Urcheon to build the map, but I don't know yet if one day I will try to improve it. I just touched it because I was nostalgic of that era.
By the way we have a 0.51 release to publish so that TremGen stuff is really not on my priority list.