dragoon

Model animations and effects.
Viech
Project Head

Re: dragoon

Post by Viech »

It is possible to work around nonstandard animation names within the code. There's a big obscure table somewhere in cgame where you can map Unvanquished's animation names to the model's animation names. Of course, it is preferable for the animation names to be standard. This doesn't need intervention by the artist but can also be done by decompiling the IQM to IQE and modifying it by hand, then recompiling it. Use this and this for that.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

enneract
Programmer

Post by enneract »

Viech wrote:

This doesn't need intervention by the artist but can also be done by decompiling the IQM to IQE and modifying it by hand, then recompiling it.

Thanks for the tip, I can fix the animation names myself then.

There's one more problem though. The Dragoon is facing the wrong direction in-game. Any way I can work around this without re-exporting?

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

In that case I'm not sure. Player model config files seem to support only scaling and a z-offset from a quick glance. Buildables (and missiles?) appear to have a modelRotation keyword, too. Maybe that one does work with player models but was just not used so far?

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

what has to be fixed?

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

If the modelRotation directive works for player models or can be implemented easily, nothing on your end.

enneract
Programmer

Post by enneract »

If you have the time then rotate the entire model counter-clockwise by 90 degrees and rename the "run_backward" animation to "run_backwards".

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

and here is a source .blend file https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_q1P ... VF6elYwMVk

list of anims: idle:0:200::,walk:1:40::,walk_backward:1:40::,walk_left:1:40::,walk_right:1:40::,pain:0:20::,attack:0:35::,die:0:108::,jump:0:9::,land:0:10::,jump_back:0:9::,land_back:0:10::,run:0:20::,run_left:0:20::,run_right:0:20::,run_backwards:0:20::,attack2:0:35::,pounce:0:9::

enneract
Programmer

Post by enneract »

http://unvanquished.net/~enneract/newac ... neract.pk3
Compile and run the "new-dragoon" branch or the model won't look right.

The Dragoon will probably need a bbox adjustment. It won't fit inside the current one without looking like a miniature.

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

got message "Failed to load character file models/players/level3/character.cfg"

and looking from your commit you forgot a bunch of files, so here is a fixed version. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_q1P ... XMtRlFtMmc

Overall model looks better than i expected, but all old problems are still there: blending and sliding. And i think pain animation didn't work too