Feedback on gameplay changes

Post any feedback you have about the game here.
Viech
Project Head

Re: Feedback on gameplay changes

Post by Viech »

Again, please don't discuss the status quo in here but the proposed changes. Even if we limit the discussion we may lose track of some points. Having these gameplay discussion publicly only works if everyone stays strictly on topic. I moved the dretch headbite discussion here.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

lamefun wrote:
kharnov wrote:

Turn the repeater into a force-field generator! I swear we discussed that once ages ago.

Make it powerful (deflect barbs, strongly push mid-air aliens) but have it activate only if the human base is unoccupied. That'll encourage humans to attack and not camp.

Sounds reasonable. The main problem is the interaction with defenses within the force field. If rocket pods can fire from within but you can't snipe them then it's still a horrible building to fight against. I'm considering to make the field powerful like this but only activate it after a structure within its range died or after some delay when a structure within gets attacked by an enemy. Not super convinced yet though.

I did some more procrastination with the damage regions:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

darkitten

Post by darkitten »

just some more ideas:
turning the repeater into a cheap sensory jammer that makes radar blips of local allied units vanish from alien senses
and also provides localised audible proximity alarm (something quiet and brief maybe just a tone and red light glow)
as well as allowing local turrets to aim/turn to face and track targets at double distance (not increasing firing range).

this way it buffs a base enough to be worth it but not enough to be any kind of damage reducing or increasing op.
it buffs damage ~ reduces turret aim time
it buffs awareness ~ shows that aliens are in local area reducing surprise attacks
it temporarily buffs defence ~ reduces alien awareness of any unknown human presence