Battlesuit

Model animations and effects.
Ishq
Project Head

Re: Battlesuit

Post by Ishq »

Thanks gavlig. I'll get back to you by Wednesday.

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

So, it looks like we only implemented deltas for the regular human. I'm refactoring the code to more modularize our hacks so that we can add similar hacks for all of our models!

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

+1 for "modularized hacks" :smile:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

http://unvanquished.net/~modi/unvanquished_0.50.1.pk3

See if this helps fix bsuit deltas. note that blaster has its own idle animation and shouldn't use a delta: "stand_blaster"

Furthermore, also note that I've included an edit to bsuit_human's character.cfg:

I've put

modifiers
{
HandDelta
}

underneath the "sex" directive. This tells the engine to apply the HandDelta animation modifier which will apply deltas to the model.

code is here if you're interested in background: https://github.com/Unvanquished/Unvanqu ... /974/files

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

I'm interested in background, thank you. Butt why blaster has its own delta? I don't remember why we decided to do it that way, but i think it's redundant, up to 400 frames when you can utilize usual idle + delta

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

whining again, to find proper names for animations i had to look through cg_players.cpp : 439, and find BG_WEAPON and then bg_misc.cpp : 564. I'm not going to stay forever Ishq, warnings should give expected names for animations ;)

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

• cheat that works only for our md5 human hands breaks iqm bsuit hands if i look slightly upwards or downwards
    this is still an issue, iirc you had a hardcoded number somewhere for md5 human hands and that number doesn't work with bsuit obviously

meanwhile i'm exporting an iqm with all deltas now and gonna check them soon

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

• blaster still doesnt work with idle animation added to iqm. No warnings in console
  • oh no, i just realized we don't have animation for going/running/crouching left and right. And i made them all.
gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

• continuously firing with flamer causes animation to glitch out occasionally
gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »