Barricade

Model animations and effects.
gavlig
Animator

Barricade

Post by gavlig »

sup

I'm back hopefully.

Going to make a death animation while you guys give me some more specifics about barricade. Do I need to make a copy of every animation in shrunk/unshrunk state? How should i call shrink unshrink animations?

Viech
Project Head

Re: barricade

Post by Viech »

Hey, welcome back! :smile:

Whether to create duplicate animation: It depends! If your (un)shrinking is literally just scaling a number of bones I could also do that in the gamelogic, which means you wouldn't need to provide shrink, unshrink or any animation in shrunken state. However if you imagine (un)shrinking to be more than just scaling you could go for full artistic freedom and create all animations you mentioned. The choice is up to you. :wink:

(If you think that the tentacles should move a bit around while procedurally (un)shrunken we could also go for a hybrid approach where you create a single (un)shrinking animation where the tentacles just wobble around without changing size. They should end in the same pose that they start at in that case. This animation would be added on top of the procedural size change.)

With regards to the names, anything goes as I made the animation loading more flexible (but not less ugly)!

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

gavlig
Animator

Re: Barricade

Post by gavlig »

i've decided to make a separate animation for each state

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

Got death and pain animations ready, construction anim in progress.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

:thumbup:

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

so i got construct, death, pain, shring/unshrink and idle. and unshrunk version of idle, pain and death. anything else?

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

and here is a link to recent .blend: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_q1Py ... sp=sharing

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

If someone puts that in a pk3 as an IQM model I should be able to bring it ingame on a topic branch.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

if you don't need any additional animations then i'll do that today in about 7 hours from now :)

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I think those are all we need. Does the expanded-state death animation shrink the barricade, too? I think it should so that you can instantly pass over a barricade that you killed. Also, we need a death-idle which is usually the last frame of the death animation. Since we have two death animations, they need to share their last frame in that case.

Feel free to use the "usual" names for construct, idle, pain and death in expanded form and special names for idle, pain and death in shrunken form.