Dragoon

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
RXMT
Modeler

Re: Dragoon

Post by RXMT »

How about now? tried to reduced the width of the arms and increased blade width

-R.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

The "forearms" look good again, the glaws may be a tad to big now. I think they were only too small in the last shot because the forearms were too huge. I'd combine the current forearms with something between the last and the current iteration of the claws. :tongue:

Try to imagine how the claws can be raised and slash quickly. In Unvanquished, every melee attack you make deals damage instantly, so the slash animations should be reasonably fast. Have a look at the Marauder slash animation for an example. The Dragoon doesn't need to slash as fast as that but it shouldn't really need a long time to raise the claws, which it does when they almost scratch the ground like this it can't just raise the forarms and extend the claws simultaneously right now).

The longer body looks good, I'm not sure though whether the last (two) row(s) of legs need to be adjusted in position for this. gavlig's call. :smile:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

It's good with me. If blades will be too big i'll just make them a bit smaller just enough to fit into animation.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Ping.

RXMT
Modeler

Post by RXMT »

Started working on more details

I have again changed the proportions of the front claws :-O

-R

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

What do you think of removing the scythes and sharping the ends of the vertical limbs that they were attached to, so that they attack like this? I still have a hard time imagining swift attacks like that with the current claws.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

RXMT
Modeler

Post by RXMT »

How about now ?

-R.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

The thorns/spikes as such are a bit long, apart from that I really like it! :smile: They should be short enough so that they can be held vertically without reaching the floor.

RXMT
Modeler

Post by RXMT »

Like that?

-R.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Looking good to me! Gavlig, any last comments on the limbs?