Dragoon

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Viech
Project Head

Re: Dragoon

Post by Viech »

We still need a license.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

enneract
Programmer

Post by enneract »

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Model, normal and specular map look fine to me. Diffuse color is a bit off compared with the other models. You should have a look at our Marauder and Tyrant model. The Marauder is the next smaller, the Tyrant the next bigger alien class, so the Dragoon should resemble both of them to a degree. Both have a blue touch, but it's darker and a tad less saturated than the current Dragoon.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

enneract
Programmer

Post by enneract »

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

The blue carapace and red flesh fit the Marauder's style pretty well! I suggest to also mimic the yellow claw material of the Marauder (see image) for the Dragoon's claws, "feet", and tusks as the current white tone appears a bit fragile (and a little flat, detail wise).

enneract
Programmer

Post by enneract »

Another texture update:

Blue eyes: http://unvanquished.net/~enneract/newdr ... neract.pk3
Red eyes: http://unvanquished.net/~enneract/newdr ... neract.pk3

Note: Load both pk3s to see the red eyes (load newdragoon-red first):

Code: Select all

-set fs_extrapaks "newdragoon-red newdragoon"
Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

With the new blue eyes, I don't see much of a difference on a first glance. I assume you just cleaned them up a little? In comparison, I prefer the red eyes for greater color contrast but to be honest I dislike both version's common texture. From up close the eyes lack interesting detail. From a distance they look noisy. From both perspectives they appear unsubtle. I would prefer something more in line with the other alien eyes – so either glowing dots (Dretch, Marauder) or snake-like (Mantis, Tyrant).

illwieckz
Project Head

Post by illwieckz »

F34r th4t g00n 111!!

This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Working on eyes more closely resembling the Tyrant.

Thoughts? Note that the eyeballs aren't perfectly aligned. This wouldn't be a problem if they get an animation, otherwise it would look like this.