Dragoon

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: Dragoon

Post by kharnov »

Hey, just wanted to pop in and say I updated the credits. You're on there now, and you also get a shiny red developer name. :thumbup:

https://www.unvanquished.net/?page_id=336

Hopefully I got Canada correct as your country. Also, they're organized by last name first, and if those aren't present, the nickname.

RXMT
Modeler

Post by RXMT »

Hey, just wanted to pop in and say I updated the credits. You're on there now, and you also get a shiny red developer name. :thumbup:

https://www.unvanquished.net/?page_id=336

Hopefully I got Canada correct as your country. Also, they're organized by last name first, and if those aren't present, the nickname.

Thank you, I did not even expect to get credits! I'm glad you thought I deserved to be in there :-)

Here's what I have made

I hope it's getting closer to the final look!

:-)

-R.

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

Everyone that finishes material for us gets on the credits. They're updated every few months or so. :thumbup:

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

Getting finished geometry-wise, right? I'm starting to like him now, and i'm starting to "feel" the way he should move and do stuff. I'd make legs a bit shorter and bulkier, but don't listen to me and wait for Viech to give his feedback.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I agree with gavlig, this is going in the right direction and making the legs a bit shorter and bulkier could work well. I still feel the mandibles would get in the way of the claws which is why I think claws/thorns strinking from below would be a more fitting choice but let's see how this developes. :smile:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

And claws should be wider and thicker imo. This stompy fella made me really happy with his "tiny" feet http://i.imgur.com/2PUcsYz.jpg

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

and i have a feeling that mandibles would look better in a "closed" state, a-la-predator. But that's up to me

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

gavlig wrote:

And claws should be wider and thicker imo. This stompy fella made me really happy with his "tiny" feet http://i.imgur.com/2PUcsYz.jpg

If there's one thing I dislike about that older attempt it's the feet/lower legs, I don't see how the creature could jump or sprint with them. I did like the general body proportions though. (RXMT, note that this model was made with different requirements in mind and was also never finished. Feel free to use it as an inspiration but don't feel compelled to use it as a reference. Here's the original thread in case you're interested.)

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

RXMT
Modeler

Post by RXMT »

I applied the changes needed.

I shortened the legs a bit, increased their thickness a little bit

I've also put the mandibles closer to the head

Also, how is the male soldier doing? any news or screenshot :-)?

Thank you!

-R.

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

We'll be animating him shortly, along with the female soldier and battlesuit.

Nice dragoon!