Male Soldier

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: Male Soldier

Post by kharnov »

Fine with me!

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

Oh, also off-topic, but I should let you know that your overmind got into the release we just made on Sunday. :smile:

Hope you like how it looks in-game! We can take special shots of it for your portfolio if you'd like.

RXMT
Modeler

Post by RXMT »

Thank you so much I'm definitely putting it in my portfolio

I'm gonna do it entirely bald, Then I'm gonna add beard and hair on two different textures, what do you think?

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

For performance reasons we wouldn't want to blend multiple diffuse maps together, but as long as every texture map is self-sufficient feel free to make multiple versions. It's fine if the head has texture maps of its own.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

RXMT
Modeler

Post by RXMT »

Almost done!

I did the body textures as similar as the woman as possible

The model re-uses the armor pieces (gloves, shoulder pads, boots, belt, leg pads, knee pads) of the woman model and its textures

I still have to reduce the head topology a little bit to make it more similar to the woman.

I still have to do the version with a light beard

I'm gonna send more pic once it will be done, I gonna take a walk, my computer is very laggy today I don't know why o.0'.... I'm gonna let it rest a bit.

-R.

illwieckz
Project Head

Post by illwieckz »

Yeah, a light beard could be awesome:

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

:tongue:

He's coming out great, though! Let's see what Viech says.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Nothing to add, looking really great! (Except, he does look a bit stressed on that image due to the position of the eyebrows and the wrinkles between them but maybe that's just a perspective thing again.) I'm also looking forward to the lightly bearded version. :smile:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

RXMT
Modeler

Post by RXMT »

I modified the model a bit so the eyebrows look less ''angry''

-R.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

The beard stops too far below the nose to be naturally grown in that area, it looks like he shaped a line right below the nose (which may be the crack in his century but for current standards this looks a bit odd). Maybe make the beard reach closer to the nose and be a bit more convex in that area?