Male Soldier

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Viech
Project Head

Re: Male Soldier

Post by Viech »

RXMT wrote:
Viech wrote:

Looking really good! :smile:

(I was a bit irritated by the width of the nose at first but kharnov told me that it's characteristic for his ethnicity, so disregard my eariler comment.)

I don't mind, I can modify the nose if needed, but I was trying to go for african-american maybe.

No, actually it's fine. Something felt odd about the proportions on that frontal rendering and I thought it may have been the nose but that was likely just my european bias that lead to a wrong explanation. Could've been the forehead which looked a bit flat and high from that specific perspective or even the size of the pupils. Either way, I like your latest rendering a lot and I don't think there's any need to change the proportions.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

RXMT
Modeler

Post by RXMT »

Presently working on textures

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Looking really good!

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

RXMT
Modeler

Post by RXMT »

Added hair and a light beard

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

Don't want to sound like a dick, but i liked the bald version better :D

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

or maybe just without a beard. it's hard to say though

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Would it be possible to show him with just a beard or with just the hair so we can have a comparison?

I'm leaning towards bald + beard myself, but that's largely a stylistic choice and would be up to Viech. Either way, looking good!

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

kharnov wrote:

that's largely a stylistic choice and would be up to Viech.

Nope, that choice is up to the artist really. :smile:

I do like the facial hair in general, the beard in particular looks really good. I can see how the top hair could be improved further; Personally I'm not sure if removing the hair is the only choice here though. I think what I dislike about it is the area right above where beard and hair meet. But again, that's really just my opinion.

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

how about we keep all the options and give them to players as skins?

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

gavlig wrote:

how about we keep all the options and give them to players as skins?

In case the head texture is seperate I wouldn't be opposed to that, though I find we should head for a good default first. We could also ship different hair colors for the female soldier; Both would give the clones a slight notion of individuality, if kharnov agrees that this makes any sense in his lore.