Egg

Model animations and effects.
gavlig
Animator

Egg

Post by gavlig »

egg_final.blend : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_q1Py ... sp=sharing
egg.iqm : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_q1Py ... sp=sharing
iqm anim list: idle:1:90::,construct:0:200::,attack:0:350::,pain:0:30::,destroy:0:182::,destroyed:0:1::

Ishq
Project Head

Re: egg

Post by Ishq »

Egg works fine. Spawn animation should be called "spawn" not "attack". Also, spawn animation may need to be adjusted based on how we implement the particle effects.

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

no problemo

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Thanks.
Any animation changes or just the rename? If its just rename, I renamed it myself. I was just letting you know.

http://unvanquished.net/~modi/egg_2014-12-02-0630.pk3

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

Only name changing. Well, at least i will not forget to rename it next time.

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

tested animations ingame. Is it possible to start spawning animation a little bit earlier(to match egg hatching with actual "birth" of unit)? I'll check iqm format to see if there is anything like frame-tags there, having those would be awesome. And construct animation didn't seem to work, though it was devmap, it looked like building appeared instantly without construction delay.

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

Ok, they left some space for extensions(iqmextension), i bet we can utilize that! But that will require exporter modification and iqm parser in engine... We can discuss it in irc :D

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

gavlig wrote:

tested animations ingame. Is it possible to start spawning animation a little bit earlier(to match egg hatching with actual "birth" of unit)?

That would be my job. There are a few more things to fix/change with regards to gameplay, so don't expect it this release. I guess we can release the model with a disclaimer anyway.

gavlig wrote:

I'll check iqm format to see if there is anything like frame-tags there, having those would be awesome.

Agreed, even though it would hardly help with matching the gameplay to the animation since the animation would only be played on the client and the time of hatching is decided by the server.

gavlig wrote:

And construct animation didn't seem to work, though it was devmap, it looked like building appeared instantly without construction delay.

I think this just happens sometimes in devmap mode, with all buildings. Not sure if worth a bugreport, your call. :tongue:

The regrow part of the animation (after birth), could you extend it to be ten seconds minus the time that the start of the hatching animation takes (up to birth)? That way we can loop one lifecycle while the egg recovers and the granger has visual feedback on the hatching activity ("Are there enough eggs?"). (Note that the telenode has some lights on the front that could potentially be used to countdown its cooldown.)

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

gavlig
Animator

Re: Egg

Post by gavlig »

sure i can, but that would be 600 frames for 64 bones. If you think that's worth it(amount of memory for one animation), i'll make it long.