Pulse Rifle

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Viech
Project Head

Pulse Rifle

Post by Viech »

We decided to use this concept and model for the Pulse Rifle instead of the Lucifer Cannon:

Geno527 will continue working on this. My last bit of feedback was:

Viech wrote:

I think this still applies to the Pulse Rifle:

Viech wrote:
  • As opposed to the concept, you could try to make the barrel front align with the case front (as opposed to the barrel sticking out). I personally find that the current barrel gives the gun an unique character, but friends have voiced that it reduces the "blaster-likeness" of the gun. Afterwards, you could also try to increase weapon length a bit.

• The top, front part of the case seems to be the only part that's extremely smooth, creating a bit of a hot-dog look. Maybe make it as edgy as the rest of the gun.

Is this sufficient for another iteration? You can of course do whatever else comes to your mind.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Geno527
Dretch

Re: Pulse Rifle

Post by Geno527 »

Can you tell me more about his specificities ? For exemple: Does it need to be reloaded ? For the animation where do you want me to put the ammo (if it need to be reloaded ^^).

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

It doesn't reload. You get one container of ammo, and once it's up, that's it. However, you can recharge it back at base.

Geno527
Dretch

Post by Geno527 »

Ok thanks :D I'm on it !

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

Oh wait wait WAAAAAIT

Whoops, I thought we were still talking about the lucifer cannon. Sorry!

Yes, the pulse rifle reloads.

Geno527
Dretch

Post by Geno527 »

Ahah ok, no problem, I've an idea :)

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

Well, keep in mind that since the pulse rifle is an energy weapon, it doesn't need to reload in the same way as a normal gun would. You could still make magazines if you wanted to, but you could also give it something more exotic, like a glowing canister of unspecified energy.

Geno527
Dretch

Post by Geno527 »

Ok, so here is the first wip for the new Pulse Rifle, I've add an slot for a magazine (it will be more like a battery and it will probably be bigger) there is a foregrip and a cable like on the place holder (In first person view it can be cool). I've already start the High poly, but I prefer to show you the blockout first, so you can only give me feedback on this part ^^. It's just a blockout so the foregrip is just a placeholder.

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

Looks nice! I totally like how it's coming along!

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

That does look very good.