Pulse Rifle

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Geno527
Dretch

Re: Pulse Rifle

Post by Geno527 »

I've almost finished the blockout so here is a first wip for the High Poly : Image still pretty wip but I hope that I will find time to finish the high poly by the end of the week.

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Nice progress!

EmperorJack
Mapper

Post by EmperorJack »

I love the general shape. That black cable is a really nice contrasting feature and compliments the first person view well.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Looking really good indeed!

If anything, I feel that the weapon may be a tad too long/bulky for a wieldable/non-overpowered rifle. Maybe it's just the handles appearing relatively small, I'm not entirely sure.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Geno527
Dretch

Post by Geno527 »

Oh, he isn't longer than the Shotgun ^^ : Image but yes he is probably a bit to bulky, I don't really know, I think it's a good shape for a Pulse Rifle, so he doesn't look exactly like the Lasgun. But of course, if you want I can change it :wink: !

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Oh well, in that case you're right, ignore what I said! :smile: It's probably just the size of the handles that makes the rest of the gun appear rather big to me. (So if anything, I'd make them a tad longer/bigger, so that the hands can grab them more easily.)

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Geno527
Dretch

Post by Geno527 »

I'll do it :D

Geno527
Dretch

Post by Geno527 »

I was wondering if I could get a character model to check if the proportion are good in third person view (because for the moment I'm focusing on First Person View as it is the most important) ? Thanks !
After that I will probably show you a first version of the final High Poly :)

Edit: Oups forgot another question but the pulse rifle will be green ? Or you want another color for it ?

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I'll ask kharnov to send you a human mesh.

With regards to the color, we have two types of guns: There are conventional projectile/fire weapons, which follow a rugged grey/ochre/orange color scheme:

And there are the futuristic energy weapons, which follow a cleaner grey/silver theme:

The pulse rifle should fit into the second category but this doesn't mean that you couldn't add additional details and colors. While the projectile weapons should look like they're made from the same manufacturer, the energy weapons can have a more individual and experimental style. (You can think it like this: While conventional firearms have reached a stable standard and are mass-produced by a few companies, energy weapons are quite new and different manufacturers compete with their inventions.)

So yes – green is fine, but feel free to choose whatever color looks best. :smile:

Geno527
Dretch

Post by Geno527 »

Ok thanks a lot :)