Lucifer Cannon: How heavy should it be?

Post all of your progress here about official assets, and receive feedback from our team.

How heavy should the Lucifer Cannon be?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:34 pm UTC

"Arc Beam" like
60%
"Rocket Launcher" like
40%

Total votes: 10
Viech
Project Head

Lucifer Cannon: How heavy should it be?

Post by Viech »

Geno527 isn't sure as to how heavy the new Lucifer Cannon should be. Note that we decided to use alex_bo's former Lucifer concept as a refererence for the new Pulse Rifle instead. Since I approved that old concept and some people (including the modeler) have voiced that they found it too light for the weapon it should resemble, I'll redirect Geno's question to the team this time:

Geno527 wrote:

If you want something not very big, the Arc Beam from Fear 3 is a good exemple of a very powerfull and a bit experimental but still very realistic weapon :

But in every "realistic" shooter, the most powerfull weapons are always machine gun or rocket launcher, and they take a bigger part of the screen , here is an exemple of the rocket launcher from FEAR 3 :

I've take FEAR as ref beacause their concept fit with your artistic direction (more than any UT concept ^^). But I will of course do another design (I will not do the exact same thing as FEAR of course).

[…]

For the Lucifer canon, you prefer the "experimental and not so "heavy" design ? Or the heavy one who take a bigger part of the screen (it can have a "experimental" look of course) ?

Note that Geno will first draw a concept, so any written feedback you add to your vote will help me give better feedback later on.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Ishq
Project Head

Re: Lucifer Cannon: How heavy should it be?

Post by Ishq »

If possible, we maintain those 3 prongs at the end of the luci. Those look threatening.

Geno527
Dretch

Post by Geno527 »

I thing that the lucifer canon need to take a bigger part of the screen than the other weapon, like the rocket launcher from FEAR, but this doesn't mean that he will not look a bit experimental, I think it could be cool to have a mix of those two weapon, the "experimental" (but realistic) aspect of the Arc Beam with the heavyness of the Rocket Launcher. But I'm not sure at all, so thank you Viech for this poll :D

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

I don't necessarily think a huge weapon will make it more badass, but generally a more interesting design with more details visible in 1st person would be good.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I voted for the lighter option because very heavy weapons in a fast paced shooter don't comply with my (personal, selective) sense of realism; You can't really sprint and jump if you're carrying a rocket launcher on your shoulder. Apart from that I'm rather undecided on the matter and wouldn't really mind either approach.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction