Granger
Clan: GT

SMG

Post by kharnov »

Viech
Project Head

Re: SMG

Post by Viech »

I didn't yet reassemble my sound system, but on my headset this sounds a bit like the middle ground between a silencend pistol and a laser rifle. I'm not sure if it fits the SMG in its current state, maybe it's better suited for the pulse rifle.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

PineappleHTD

Post by PineappleHTD »

I am at this point just trying techniques to make these sounds, I will make a lot of stuff before i can make it how i want it such is the nature of sound, no one thing can make every sound. But i have made some more things so feel free to check them out and give feedback and suggestions. https://soundcloud.com/xilimofficial/sm ... -2/s-fke6z

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

Your first sound set would actually be perfect for the pulse rifle, so keep that. If you can save it as multiple files, then we can test it in-game.

As for the second batch, that definitely sounds more like it, although the sound on the first few is a bit "smooth" for a lack of a better word. Do you see what I mean? From that second set, the last shot sounds the best.

If it helps, here's a reference for what I think would be a direction to take it in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR2p9u-lkHM

chris
Modeler

Post by chris »

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

Just listened to it in-game, that's really good, chris!

chris
Modeler

Post by chris »

chris
Modeler

Post by chris »

I've experimented further and made a reload sound (WIP)

phpBB [video]

sounds better on soundcloud here: