Eggpod (2)

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Pevel
Mapper

Re: Egg (2)

Post by Pevel »

Awesome :thumbup:

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Indeed! Good job on the segments and texture space rearrangement. :smile:

There's no way to "invert" an emissive map to darken certain areas but I don't think there's any need for that. In dark corners, the glow will already create a contrasted effect. In brigter areas, the egg's diffuse and/or specular map could be darkened (similiar to the old version), though we can do that easily later on if we feel it needs to be done.

If Pevel doesn't have any furhter requests, I'd say the only thing we need now is a license for both the egg and leech (both in the respective thread please, so it's easier for me to keep track).

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

SyphonX
Modeler

Post by SyphonX »

This work is licensed under a CC BY-SA 3.0 license, attribute it to Ted "SyphonX" Chow

Where/Who would I give the asset files too?

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Email them to kharnov.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Oh yes, just email them to me. I'll back them up and I'll also forward them to our animator(s).

By the way, perhaps you could do the barricade next, if you'd like? It's another organic model, and actually the last organic assignment left (for now). Basically, imagine a sort of turtle thing with flexible spikes growing off its back.

http://forums.unvanquished.net/viewtopi ... =46&t=1249

SyphonX
Modeler

Post by SyphonX »

I'll send the files your way Kharnov. I was going to take on the barricade next after the models I was working on got the green-light, but I'll post it in the appropriate thread.

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

kharnov made me do this: http://youtu.be/-VM2cjrvZ8Q

SyphonX
Modeler

Post by SyphonX »

Lol.

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

What the fuck did I just watch

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Syphon, could you give the egg's core another try? It looks quite cartoonish/overcontrasted ingame:

I don't think you need to stick to the colors used on the concept too closely here. Anything that looks like the heart of an alien eggpod should work!

Also, the brightness distribution on the pod's side should be a bit more homogenous. As you can see, the bottom part looks near-black, even in a well-lit area. I think it would look better ingame if brighter colors (like the red used on the top part) were used.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction