Female Soldier: Silhouette

Concept artwork for models and maps.
Eirhjien
Dretch

Re: Female Trooper - Silhouette Concept Art

Post by Eirhjien »

I'd love to move foward a little with the design, but i want to get the thumbs up from redsky first since this is his thing not mine.

the smoking debate actually makes sense in a marketing veiw, they're actually making push to get it banned in most games and movies which im not cool with, ironicly you can have full nudity and softcore sex sceenes and still qualify for an ma 17 rating.

Redsky

Post by Redsky »

Have a crack at it... to be fair in concept art it's all about generating concepts that work and not so much about artist's ego.
Great picture, I love freshness of your style i'll post my input in a while too.

When it comes to rating in games I agree they are a little bit too strict. But maybe it's because it's Interactive and you could see what you want from any angle and not the one dictated by director. :P

OK. Let's get this rolling again

The attachment tg_face01.jpg is no longer available

Not really that much of a concept art, more of me trying push through my vision. I was aiming for more oval face though. Will be back with real concepts in a bit...

Attachments
tg_face01.jpg
velociostrich
Dragoon

Post by velociostrich »

Diggin' the latest concept, Redsky. The messy hair with the headband gives tremgirl a sort of a (good) she-Rambo look.

Redsky

Post by Redsky »

Little update:
I've took 3rd concept, added hair from 7th and that's what I've come up with... again I have a feeling I'm coping something I've seen before. Maybe it's good - as it's suppose to be a little more generic. I may need to change leg pads, to fit more the armadillo armor kind of design. I'm more happy with this face although it still could be cooler and more indifferent, also that's the qr code on her face :P
I guess it's work in progress...

Eirhjien: I like what you said about negative space in design no. 4 - I've totally forgot about negative spaces. I try too hard and stay to long on same image trying to make it bearable; for me sometimes anatomy goes before design and this is bad :(

I need even more practice in drawing, but I'm not sure if I can afford it at the moment. Concept art is like joggling design, composition, perspective, light planes at the same time... oh and there's anatomy to look after too.
All critique appreciated.

The attachment WIP-01.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
WIP-01.jpg
Qrntz
Dragoon

Post by Qrntz »

The hair is a bit too short for my subjective tastes, but I really like the armor. How would she look like in a helmet?

E-Mxp
Graphic Designer

Post by E-Mxp »

I think it looks real good Redsky, so I don't really have serious critique for you (as my drawing skills are terrible).
Though, maybe she is standing a bit too relaxed, leaning on one leg, but then again, it's a concept drawing for the style, so this is extremely minor. :P

I do think the hair looks good though.

le mi'a bende cu nitcu lo zbasu

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

Redsky wrote:

Little update:
I've took 3rd concept, added hair from 7th and that's what I've come up with... again I have a feeling I'm coping something I've seen before. Maybe it's good - as it's suppose to be a little more generic. I may need to change leg pads, to fit more the armadillo armor kind of design. I'm more happy with this face although it still could be cooler and more indifferent, also that's the qr code on her face :P
I guess it's work in progress...

Eirhjien: I like what you said about negative space in design no. 4 - I've totally forgot about negative spaces. I try too hard and stay to long on same image trying to make it bearable; for me sometimes anatomy goes before design and this is bad :(

I need even more practice in drawing, but I'm not sure if I can afford it at the moment. Concept art is like joggling design, composition, perspective, light planes at the same time... oh and there's anatomy to look after too.
All critique appreciated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]151[/ATTACH]

Wow, 10/10 this looks awesome, would definitely use this model in-game.