Marauder (first person)

Model animations and effects.
Burning Ice
Animator

Marauder (first person)

Post by Burning Ice »

:marauder: :marauder: :marauder: :advmarauder: :advmarauder: :advmarauder:

Hey guys, didn't see a Marauder animation thread anywhere, so I thought I'd put one up. If there is a thread I missed, we can merge the two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFMQGcU8NG8

And here is the dropbox link to the md5 files if anyone needs them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jas7fopchz3zv ... r_md5s.zip

This is my first attempt at setting up a 1st person set from scratch, so hopefully it works out.

Viech
Project Head

Re: Marauder (first person)

Post by Viech »

Hey, I'm really busy until thursday, will give feedback then. Moved your thread to the Animations section.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Animations are looking good. Can you split the left and right part though? I think we'll need to move the claws so that they are always at the edge of the screen regardless of aspect ration and field of view, otherwise they'd end up using too much screen space, especially when idle. For the zap attack, I think we can create the zap trail with the game's trail system if there are tags on the model for the start and end point.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I think the state shown in the video is ingame for a while. It's not entirely satisfactory yet. We'll see what we do about it, for now I'll close off this ancient thread.