Overmind (2)

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Pevel
Mapper

Re: Overmind (2)

Post by Pevel »

Woohoo, that's one nice overman!

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Holy awesomeness!

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Geno527
Dretch

Post by Geno527 »

This is awesome :) ! (Maybe that making it a bit more glossy could be cool ?)

RXMT
Modeler

Post by RXMT »

Wow, I really like how it looks in-game :-)

-R.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

My only concern is if there's not enough texture resolution on a few of the slightly blurry parts, but that's beyond my expertise.

RXMT
Modeler

Post by RXMT »

My only concern is if there's not enough texture resolution on a few of the slightly blurry parts, but that's beyond my expertise.

Is there something I can do? I could give you the psd file containing layers if you need to modify them.

-R.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

RXMT wrote:

Is there something I can do? I could give you the psd file containing layers if you need to modify them.

I think he refers to the yellow sprinkles on the blue arms next to the eye. Personally I think that's no big deal. What's the texture resolution used ingame? If it's 1024² we could consider doubling it (given that the sources are 2048² or higher). Otherwise the texture space seems well-used to me, with the eye(catcher) having some extra texels and the rest being relatively homogenous.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

The textures he gave me were 4K. On the other hand, it doesn't really matter. Let's just keep them at 4K, it looks fine.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

kharnov wrote:

The textures he gave me were 4K. On the other hand, it doesn't really matter. Let's just keep them at 4K, it looks fine.

The ingame resolution is 4k? Wow.

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

If it's just one set of textures that are 4K I think it's fine. The tyrant has two sets of 2K textures.

You only ever see one overmind, anyway.