Spiker

Model animations and effects.
Viech
Project Head

Spiker

Post by Viech »

The Spiker is currently being animated by gavlig.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Viech
Project Head

Re: Spiker

Post by Viech »

The spiker has been animated and is pending implementation.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I'm working on the implementation but the animations don't play properly yet. The only animation that seems to work is idle, pain toggles between idle and a distorted state and attack doesn't play at all. I also need the seperate spike exported for the missiles.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I got everything working except for the idle animation, which has some flying spikes (they are shorter than the spikes at the end of post_attack and don't attach to the body):

gavlig, could you re-export an iqm? It only needs to have a valid idle anim, I'll C&P it from the iqe. If you want to have a look at the current state you can test the spiker on the Dev Server and on gg.illwieckz.net.

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

fixed.
It was my bug, there were no keyframes for scale on those spikes for idle animation and blender decided to borrow some from neighbors. I like that way of thinking, but not in this case.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_q1Py ... sp=sharing

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Unfortunately your new version seems to use different export paramters, so I couldn't just copy the idle animation to my modified iqm. Could you make the following changes?

• Rename diedestroy.

• Create a new anim destroyed which is simply the last frame of destroy looped (or any other "death idle").

• Rename hitpain.

• Merge post_attack into attack

¹ Currently the attack repeat period is 5000 ms. I can't tell for sure that this is going to stay like this for all eternity but I don't really see a balance benefit in adjusting it insignificantly either. In particular, I don't think I'd make it fire any faster as that would blur the spiker's role as a proximity mine. Thus, could you stretch post_attack so that, after it has been merged into attack, the merged animation is 5000 ms long?

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

new list of animations

idle:0:400:60:1,construct:0:520:60:0,attack:0:300:60:0,pain:0:20:60:1,destroy:0:140:60:0,destroyed:0:1::

attack is now 300 frames long where framerate is 60, so that would be exactly 5 seconds as requested

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I think there may be problems with the model. It flickers in and out (a bounds issue, maybe) and seems to have some bad tris:

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Also you lied about the frame count, the attack anim has 301 frames. This is 17 ms more than advertised! :grin: