Egg (1)

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Viech
Project Head

Egg (1)

Post by Viech »

The egg is the structure where alien players spawn from. It can be built on walls and ceilings and therefor needs to fit roughly into a cubic bounding box. The egg is made up of two main elements, the slightly flexible outer body and a slimy balloon/membrane that grows inside. The balloon should be a seperate mesh and needs to be modeled in a way that allows the animator to have grow until it fills all the space inside the egg. It will then burst, spawning a new alien (this will be done by hiding the mesh and playing a particle effect) and regrow afterwards.

Have a look at the concept made by Pevel:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

lhdc
Modeler

Re: Egg

Post by lhdc »

i would like to do this one :grin:

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

It has been claimed by lhdc!

lhdc
Modeler

Post by lhdc »

Egg_Wip_1.jpg
Egg_Wip_1.jpg (70.01 KiB) Viewed 15282 times
Egg_Wip_2.jpg
Egg_Wip_2.jpg (29.99 KiB) Viewed 15282 times

starting with the proportions. on the side views he looks like have is little biger mid part make it a little fat, but the top view he dont have that belly. shoud i make more like on this initial proportions with no belly and he can get the belly when animated with the egg coming up? or shoud i just make it more big on the mid part?

1- proportions that i made (top view of the concept)
2- proportions on the side view of the concept

Pevel
Mapper

Post by Pevel »

It looks delicious so far! :) Glad you asked for the feedback. Sorry the concept doesn't look exactly like it should. But I've got one image to show you what could be done next.
1) outside surfaces could be more convex, just like you've shown on your image (option 2)
2) these changes are purely optional since it's not on the concept - you can move each segment slightly apart one from another, showing more 'flesh' from the inside and making the shape more interesting

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Looking good so far! If you make the eight segments seperate at the seam, so that they can (in theory) spread out individually, this could give the animator more freedom later on. (This doesn't imply any change in appearance!)

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

lhdc
Modeler

Post by lhdc »

Egg_Wip_3.jpg
Egg_Wip_3.jpg (235.28 KiB) Viewed 15254 times

changed the form, and add the detail, the shapes are pretty simples for the egg, the focus of the detailing will be on the colors!

Pevel
Mapper

Post by Pevel »

Woah! It's looking awesome. Can't wait to see it colored.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Yeah, it does! :smile:

I'd spread the veins (or similiar details) over the lower parts of the segments, too, which look a bit too smooth compared to the rest currently.

The membrane in the middle will inflate by a good amount so you might want to add the surface details in its expanded state in which they will be the most exposed (talk to gavlig with regards to animation though, maybe he has further advice on the matter).

janev
Marauder

Post by janev »

:thumbup: