Pistol (2)

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Cupside
Modeler

Re: Pistol (2)

Post by Cupside »

Hi Viech,

I have modified the trigger and backside of the handle to have the same materias as Slide. I also modified material from painted metal to more steel look, retouching metallic, roughness and so on.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k3s6rmhglh6o ... UmiFa?dl=0

I think the greenish material on the weapon's body is on spot, too.

I don't understand this point, could you explain it a bit? I think you are refering to both "dirt" passes I added at the end to whole pistol model, one as cavities and other in general as subtle pass. Should I remove them?

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Wow this looks awesome! Call it done when you feel it's ready.

About the materials, what kind of texture maps are you using? So far our engine supports diffuse, normal, specular and gloss/roughness maps. (If you're using other types of maps we'd need to figure out a way to convert them.)

Also, do you want to animate yourself? If so I can tell what we need, otherwise we need license and files and can try to load it on poor gavlig. :grin:

Cupside wrote:
Viech wrote:

I think the greenish material on the weapon's body is on spot, too.

I don't understand this point, could you explain it a bit? I think you are refering to both "dirt" passes I added at the end to whole pistol model, one as cavities and other in general as subtle pass. Should I remove them?

"being on spot" means it's perfect, nothing I would change about it. :wink:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Cupside
Modeler

Post by Cupside »

I uploaded model with textures to check it in game.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u2j5lqdk2vok ... 0J9Za?dl=0

This 3D model and textures are licensed under a CC-BY-SA 3.0 license, attribute it to Sergio Anes Alcolea.

Cupside
Modeler

Post by Cupside »

Hey guys,

Have you checked pistol model in-game?

I would like to know if it's working properly.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I honestly don't know who's in charge of putting models in game, it just appears to happen at random. I'm mildly suspecting Ishq though. Personally, I have not broken my refusal to import models (read: touch the client side model handling code) and I can claim in all honesty that I have literally no idea about the process.

Maybe after MD3 model support is nuked out of the codebase and IQM support shines I will attempt to import a model myself as opposed to just mocking others for not getting it right. :grin:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction