Repeater

Concept artwork for models and maps.
Viech
Project Head

Repeater

Post by Viech »

The Repeater (or "Generator", depending on whether we will have it require an existing Reactor or not) is the little brother of the Reactor: While the latter provides power to the whole map and can only be built once, the Repeater is used whenever the human team wants to build many structures in one place. Just like the Reactor, it blows up in a huge fireball when destroyed.

Visually, we want it to pick up elements from the Reactor but be much smaller (less than ⅛ in volume). However, at the same time it should be significantly different from the similiarly sized "Drill" (really some sort of futuristic enegery collector), which was also inspired by the Reactor design.

Here's a picture of the Reactor:

Here are some concepts originally made for the Reactor, but you can use them as inspiration for the Repeater:

The shape of the Repeater should be roughly like this (in fact this is a mockup made from a previous attempt) but more detail is encouraged:

Note that the animation should include some sort of arms rotating around the core.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Viech
Project Head

Re: Repeater

Post by Viech »

We dug out an old tesla model by chris that, if I remember correctly, was discontinued since the tesla is likely to be removed from the game eventually. It looks like chris will transform the model into a repeater now. Have a look at the model thread.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

alexbo
Concept Artist

Post by alexbo »

I'm I can work on that one if nobody has it yet.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

chris is going to turn another model of his into the repeater, look here. You could offer him to make a concept but he's used to work without one. I will scratch together the last missing concepts soon™ but right now I'm a little burned out so I'll delay this some more. I can send you a mail when new stuff wants to be painted.

alexbo
Concept Artist

Post by alexbo »

oh I see. Take it easy man!

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

It seems like chris won't need a concept as the repeater is coming along nicely. Closing.