Rocket Pod (2)

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
chris
Modeler

Re: Rocket Pod (2)

Post by chris »

All of my wip models are on hold till July.

But I've found an old screenshot of the rocket pod, that I did before my gpu broke.
This is how it should look like atm.:

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

What kind of GPU do you need? I think I have a working GeForce 6800 with a custom heatsink flying around.

Rocket pod is looking nice! Please also have a quick look at this thread.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

chris
Modeler

Post by chris »

Thx man, but I think your gforce 6800 is equally bad as my backup card a radeon 1950 pro, they both doesn't support that fancy shader model that my viewport needs. But anyway I've got a new card already.

Rocket pod is finished, I will animate and export it soon (also the turret).

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

YES

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

So this is what tears of joy taste like.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

chris
Modeler

Post by chris »

Viech wrote:

So this is what tears of joy taste like.

lol

@Viech Is the rocket pod implemented in the code? For testing purposes I can overwrite the telenode or any other model,
but I need the the exact path where the shader files will be for the final model. Preferably, it would be awesome if you can clone the turret and rename all files&paths to rocket pod. So that I can overwrite it with the real files.
Changing the shader paths afterwards, like with md5 is not possible with iqm.

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

It is. You just need python installed.
https://github.com/ccxvii/asstools/blob ... _to_iqe.py

run that, and you can modify the iqe file as you want. Then compile the iqe back to iqm with the iqm tool.
https://github.com/lsalzman/iqm/blob/master/iqm.exe

or give it to me to modify.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I didn't implement anything for the rocket pod yet and I'm rarely at home these days. Maybe Ishq can help, otherwise I'll find the time on this weekend or next week. We should be able to hook you up with a mod pk3 that allows you to plug-and-play your model using the same logic as the turret.

chris
Modeler

Post by chris »

tiny ret gets assistance:

@Viech If Ishq can change the paths afterwards for me, its ok. I will package it and upload it this weekend.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

This is beautiful! Also omg the turret's pose. It looks so happy now. :3

Are the protective shutters animated, too? Would be nice to open them during the construction animation and maybe also toggle them as part of the pod's logic.