Spiker

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Viech
Project Head

Re: Spiker

Post by Viech »

Well, I think inflating and contracting the body is a good way to visualize recharge times and make the structure look more organic.

I think the fact that the shell isn't symmetric is good, as long as the divergence is so subtle that two Spikers next to each other don't look like twins. (The idea of assymetry is to create the impression that every structure has an individual, random pattern. If you can see that this is not the case, it's better to just go symmetrical.)

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

lhdc
Modeler

Post by lhdc »

Wip_low3.jpg
Wip_low3.jpg (175.39 KiB) Viewed 6827 times

made some improvments, increase the density around the hole, i can put some more edge loops if neeeded.
i didint put more edge loops because of the polycount, its currently with 4.2k trys

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Looking good to me, but let's wait for gavlig's expertise. :smile:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

lhdc
Modeler

Post by lhdc »

Wip_colored.jpg
Wip_colored.jpg (90.91 KiB) Viewed 6811 times

Wainting on the feedback from gavlig.
doing some tests with the low poly and the color textures.
the engine suport the glow map for the eyes?

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Yes, the engine supports a glow map for the eyes. Wow, this is coming out fantastic!

lhdc
Modeler

Post by lhdc »

thank you :smile: im realy liking the results, cant wait to see on the engine :thumbup:

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

It's likely that gavlig will be animating the model, so once he gives his approval of the mesh you can consider the mesh done. Really impressed at how quickly you've done this, and I look forward to the end result.

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

In terms of texture maps, we support diffuse, specular, normal, glow, and gloss. For the spiker, I suppose that a gloss map might not be necessary, but you're still welcome to include one if you feel it's appropriate. Otherwise, we'll want diffuse, specular, and normal maps for the model, as well as glow maps for the eyes. You don't need to blur the glow map too much, our engine has bloom and will blur and brighten the eyes for you.

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

Ok, that looks better. And even more, that will work fine i think :) Good job!

lhdc
Modeler

Post by lhdc »

wip_spiker_color_1.jpg
wip_spiker_color_1.jpg (86.63 KiB) Viewed 6782 times
wip_spiker_color_2.jpg
wip_spiker_color_2.jpg (85.83 KiB) Viewed 6782 times
wip_spiker_color_3.jpeg
wip_spiker_color_3.jpeg (74.22 KiB) Viewed 6782 times

just made the final adjustments on the Maps, if you guys think the colors are correct its all done, if not will make the color corrections :thumbup:

how can i send the maps and the geometry for the animator, or who else in charge too keep the files?and in what format shoud i send it in .obj / .fbx?