Pistol

Concept artwork for models and maps.
alexbo
Concept Artist

Re: Pistol

Post by alexbo »

mm strange. I was messing on my website. Maybe it affected to access. Can you see you from that link. I reuploaded it.

http://www.alexbodowd.com/wp-content/up ... pistol.jpg

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Sweet! Love all your changes (even the background :tongue: ).

There are pretty much only details left:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

janev
Marauder

Post by janev »

A few more things to consider:
The back of the pistol grip has a sharp ridge on it (where the black meets the gold)
The guard that goes around the trigger is not uniformly thick, this doesn't make much sense to me. Have s look at the trigger guard on the glock 17. Kinda boring but extemely utilitarian especially when shooting two handed.
The thumb safety, slide catch, and mag release. You need to figure out if this is a lefty gun, ambidextrous, or righty gun. The bits go on the left side for a right handed shooter, on the right side for a left handed shooter and on both sides for ambidextrous shooters. Even for an ambidextrous design you will have to make a choice about which side the ejection port and mag release go on since they can not be on both sides. You would be dropping mags every time you grip the gun. ;) Newer designs have tried to be more ambidextrous friendly by ejecting downwards and having the mag release on for example the trigger guard as viech noted earlier in the thread.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

It seems the current design is a left handed one given that the magazine release button and the slide catch release lever are both reachable with the thumb of the left hand and the brass is ejected on the left side. I'd just leave it like this, we can simply mirror the model for the default right handed position (the game supports left handed wielding, and as far as I know the gun is simply mirrored for this). Given that it's a clone army we can assume they are all equal handed, so an ambidextrous design wouldn't bring any benefit. So all in all the position of everything seems fine to me.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

alexbo
Concept Artist

Post by alexbo »

Did i forget anything?

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

No, this is perfect! And here we go.

alexbo
Concept Artist

Post by alexbo »

Wouhou! Spiker time I guess.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

:thumbup:

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I wonder what motivates you Alex. You are extremely persistent for someone who didn't get addicted to the game as such (yet!). Is kharnov blackmailing you secretly? :grin:

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

:cyclops: